The 10's so bright yer gonna need shades...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
That's right, I fiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally took the time to get a coat of Zaino on The Black Devil. Damn she's lookin' sweet!
super.gif
Didn't get done as soon as I wanted to so the sun had already gone below the horizon. The positive side to that is that I could get some GREAT reflection shots to show how slick she is now.
wink.gif
I'll post some different shots another day to show what a little sun does for that slick Zaino surface.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, enough blabbin'... Here's the meat!

First of all, one for the beeyotches...
29368935.jpg

Yeah muhfuggers, get over it. It's a...

36393714.jpg

Now for the other shots...

36393708.jpg

36393709.jpg

36393710.jpg

36393711.jpg

36393712.jpg

36393713.jpg

Looking good. Keep em coming.
biggrin.gif
Thanks.
beerchug.gif
Tha's all for now. More to come when I've had time to REALLY get 'er shinin'. That's just one coat of Z5 scratch eliminator. Still gotta wipe 'er down with Z6 and then start with the Z2, which is the real deal. The Z5 isn't quite as glossy and reflective as the Z2 but it does wonders gettin' rid of those li'l spiderweb lookin' scratches.
wink.gif

Not too shabby. Normally, I'll start off with two coats of Z5, then with two or three coats of Z2. Spraying and wiping down with Z6 in between each coat. You normally only do one coat of each?

Nice looking bt. After I finish the busa I am going to be getting a 10 as well. I went to a dealer show a couple of weekends ago and that one was the best of the liter bikes imho. I like the way that it sat/and looked compared ot the others. I am going to be sticking with the orange 10 though. Could you shoot me a link for the zaino and what steps that you use it, your bikes always looks so clean. Thanks

Nice looking bt.  After I finish the busa I am going to be getting a 10 as well.  I went to a dealer show a couple of weekends ago and that one was the best of the liter bikes imho.  I like the way that it sat/and looked compared ot the others.  I am going to be sticking with the orange 10 though.  Could you shoot me a link for the zaino and what steps that you use it, your bikes always looks so clean.  Thanks
Zaino

Not too shabby. Normally, I'll start off with two coats of Z5, then with two or three coats of Z2. Spraying and wiping down with Z6 in between each coat. You normally only do one coat of each?
Well, if whatever I'm polishin' has many of the fine scratches I apply as many coats of Z5 as it takes to eliminate them and then usually go with at least three coats of Z2 the first time I Zaino somethin'. Then I just do a maintainance coat ever so often after a wash job. Maybe once a year I'll clay and start over with Z5 just to make sure there are no contaminants allowed to build up or bond to the paint.
wink.gif

I had forgot but the tail section and cowl actually does have two coats of Z5 in those photos. The rest really didn't have any scratches. I just gave it all a coat for the hell of it. Never hurts to use Z5 as a first coat even if there are no visible scratches. It's kinda like cheatin' and puttin' on about two coats of Z2 in one step.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Nice looking bt. After I finish the busa I am going to be getting a 10 as well. I went to a dealer show a couple of weekends ago and that one was the best of the liter bikes imho. I like the way that it sat/and looked compared ot the others. I am going to be sticking with the orange 10 though. Could you shoot me a link for the zaino and what steps that you use it, your bikes always looks so clean. Thanks
Thanks Rich.
beerchug.gif
Pipefighter posted the link to the Zaino store but here it is again... Zaino Store Online

Check out the Tips & Tricks section of Zaino's site for good info on how to use it properly.
wink.gif
If you get some and have any questions feel free to hit me up. I'll be glad to help ya get started with Zaino. I've been usin' it since 1998 so I've learned a few tricks of my own.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100563380 -->

wink.gif

BT
How do you post a pic in the upper left area below your name (eg ZX10R photo) and like the one with you sitting on that beautiful Black Devil below the post? What size etc? These areas probably have a name but I am as green as they come to this stuff. Thanks

So Bro, How long does Zaino take to apply? I mean is it a fairly involved process like it sounds like or is it a simple matter or wipe on let dry wipe off???

Oh and BTW Bro... Yer' cute lil sparkly bike... Looking good...
thumbs-up.gif

looks sweet, my bro.
beerchug.gif
I never had a chance to put some zaino on the Busa. Oh well..mebbe when she's rebuilt.

Back