That time of yer again

foresure84

FINISH- HIM
Donating Member
Registered
looking to purchase the following items sprockets 19/42 .. a chain ...also what length.. new clutches..

Best of luck, Many , many years ago I went down two in the rear, a theoretical 200 M.P.H. The bike ran 183, it just took a little longer to get there. Moral of the story : changing gearing on a stock ride will gain you nothing.

Depending on who you deal with they might send you 114 link chain normally they send 120 links and you have to shorten it.

Best of luck, Many , many years ago I went down two in the rear, a theoretical 200 M.P.H. The bike ran 183, it just took a little longer to get there. Moral of the story : changing gearing on a stock ride will gain you nothing.

Depending on who you deal with they might send you 114 link chain normally they send 120 links and you have to shorten it.

Did it at least give you a little better fuel mileage?

Did it at least give you a little better fuel mileage?

I think cruising it may give you a little, but with a higher gear its like starting the bike in 2nd all the time, so you use more fuel getting her moving. I'd think it'd be a wash, but thats just spitballin'

-D

I think cruising it may give you a little, but with a higher gear its like starting the bike in 2nd all the time, so you use more fuel getting her moving. I'd think it'd be a wash, but thats just spitballin'

-D

Thanks. I need to do something. After I had the bike dynotuned I lost a boat load of mpg. But it does run like a scalded dog.:laugh:

If possible I would like to get one of the other modes set up with differant map for daily commute and touring. Have not found a def, answer on if it can be done.

I had an 05 bone stock. Dropped a tooth in the rear. Loved it. Speedo was more accurate and the mileage was a lot better. Mainly did it to ride to the beach. Worked out great.

Wish I could say that I ride mine to the beach. :laugh: No beaches in Indiana.

I dropped two in the rear and +1 in the front. Speedo is right on, and for the kind of riding I do, it feels smoother. (No track days- just me and the wife) I haven't noticed a change in mpg. But I like not having to constantly do math (90% of what the speedo actually says) in my head.

Back