Thanks very much, Mike1180

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I just want to thank you for starting the thread about the Dupont Chain Wax. Some people that switched to it were thanking me and just want to let them know that you get all the credit for recommending it.
Your timing was perfect, too. I just got the wheels put on when I saw your thread and as soon as I saw it, I went to Lowe's and got 2 cans. It really made my life easier as far as keeping the rear wheel clean.

Thanks again, Mike1180. I really appreciate it.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Pledge and Dupont....what a perfect combo.:-)

Last edited:
Most welcome brother! :beerchug:

When we decide to visit Alberta, I will surely give you a heads up. I think I've already told you that I used to go there a lot when my wife used to live there. Whenever I go there, I didn't feel like coming back. Loved the Rockies especially Banff area.

When we decide to visit Alberta, I will surely give you a heads up. I think I've already told you that I used to go there a lot when my wife used to live there. Whenever I go there, I didn't feel like coming back. Loved the Rockies especially Banff area.

Please do.
You will be most welcome!

What do you guys clean the chain with before putting on the Dupont Chain wax?

Suzuki recommends kerosene.
I use a spray bottle and spray it on and wipe it off.
It doesn't need to be done very often.
I clean it every 3 months or so, but lube it after every ride (overkill)
The Dupont stuff goes on like WD40, and will clean the chain if you spray a fair amount on, and then leaves a residue of Teflon and Moly.
Works as a cleaner and lube!
Here is the thread he was referring to:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...16451-update-my-dupont-chain-lube-thread.html

Back