Thanks to Lee From New Image.. I can have KIDS!!!!!! Long post..

rashad

Registered
Well, I have been wanting for awhile now to get my custom seat..I hate the stocker plus my cover was ripped on the corner.

So I called up Lee from New Image Seats!

A little Background on New Image:

For those of you who Love Tobin Seats..... you really love New image seats..

For those of you who Saw Tobin's seats featured on Speed channel.. You really saw New image seats.

Lee is the man BEHIND Tobin Seats. He has made them for years!

I guess Tobin tried to use someone else but found that no one else can do quite what Lee can with cloth and a stock seat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Williamsport, PA...about 230 miles or so from New Image in York, pa. I made a phone call this morning and the call went something like this:

"Hi, Lee I talked to you before, my name is Rashad. Im the guy who wanted to ride up and get the seat and swap you out so I dont have to ship mine to you."

"OH yeah! I remember. When do you want it?"

"How bout today?"

"No problem. How long does it take you?"

He literally made my seat in the three hours it took me to get there... I told him what I wanted (Black leather with carbon fiber look material in swooshes and chrome kanji's) and my waist size, and he had it ready for me when I got there!!!

This is the best service I have ever gotten on ANYthing... bike or not.

So the ride up was painful. My nuts felt like someone had used them to crush grapes with....The stock seat put a pressure point right on my gonads... It was to the point that I was singing in my helmet to try and focus elsewhere.

When I rolled up to his house/shop and regained some feeling south of my border..First thing I saw was his wicked modded out M901.. that thing is beastly!

He was an awesome guy. He also told me about a philly ride coming up on the 14th for the philly pd's fallen members. We bolted up the new seat to the brackets and WOW..what a difference.

The ride home was SOOOOOOOOO much better even after the agony that lead up to it...and the damage that was already there.

All in all Im extremely happy and Highly reccomend going right to the source with your seat. Lee is an awesome dude. Hes real. And he rides, which helps him relate to his customers.

Best 159 I ever spent!:thumbsup:

Pics to follow.

Ok here they are!

For those of you who wonder, I am not keeping the bike blue. But since I am unsure of the color yet I chose black with chrome kanji.

Also, the crease at the top in the one picture..actually isnt there. I just took these with my blackberry storm and its dusk so the pics arent the best.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

oh and i almost rear ended a guy today...

Problem with trips is its hard to stay focused.. I rode literally 6+hours STRAIGHT today... got lost lol..

I was in thick traffic when I saw someone merging and revved to make sure they didnt do what I think they were going to.. (Swerve all the way over to my lane)..When I realized the vw in front of me was STOPPED.

I acted purely out of instinct. I squeezed both brakes and had to make a choice. I chose the rear and my dirt bike instinct kicked in and I literally drifted the back end around while steering to the right around his bumper, superbike style, and when I stopped my fender was a little past his bumper. He looked in the rearview the whole time..it was like slow motion! I could see the beads of sweat on the guys forehead!

Seriously the whole world slowed down and I had total control..it was awesome. I then pulled into taco bell and proceeded to clean my pants and brand new seat:rofl:...

OH..one more thing. He offered to make me the hump pad in 30 minutes while I ran to get a drink at the gas station! Thats FAST!

I will probably pick that up when I get the passenger seat done.

does anyone have a side by side comparison of stock and tobin or new image?
im still trying to figure out whats the difference? besides the back rest:poke:

very Nice!:beerchug: you should have got the back pad though , You would love it .

oh and i almost rear ended a guy today...

Problem with trips is its hard to stay focused.. I rode literally 6+hours STRAIGHT today... got lost lol..

I was in thick traffic when I saw someone merging and revved to make sure they didnt do what I think they were going to.. (Swerve all the way over to my lane)..When I realized the vw in front of me was STOPPED.

I acted purely out of instinct. I squeezed both brakes and had to make a choice. I chose the rear and my dirt bike instinct kicked in and I literally drifted the back end around while steering to the right around his bumper, superbike style, and when I stopped my fender was a little past his bumper. He looked in the rearview the whole time..it was like slow motion! I could see the beads of sweat on the guys forehead!

Seriously the whole world slowed down and I had total control..it was awesome. I then pulled into taco bell and proceeded to clean my pants and brand new seat:rofl:...
Glad your instincts kicked in and worked.. impossible to convey that issue to a beginning bike rider that gets on a machine like this... normally does not turn out very well...

Look forward to some long term reports on that seat.. :)

Thanks guys!

I can tell you exactly what he changes DJ... Pressure points.

ex: Look at your stock seat. You actually are raised up on it a bit and only use a small part of that seat. The edges are beveled and the weight is not spread out at all.

Yes, he cuts some foam... but that is so he can alleviate the pressure point the stocker puts right underneath your umm.. boyz. Its a much broader and more positive contact area... while stopped you will notice the edges more because its wider...but when moving, my god is it awesome!

First impressions on hump pad was that It stuck you in place and you couldnt move as well in corners etc..

Is this true when moving frisbee?

Gonna be an expensive month for me. New Sidi's, new gauges and now a new seat.:laugh:

sambusa are you getting the boots? My riding buddy just picked up some Sidis and they are amazing! Good ventilation.

I got one better rashad... Picked up an 06 busa LE last weekend from Pittsburgh (has some Pittsburgh pinstriping - left side). Couldn't pass it up. Rode a 100 miles yesterday. Same story... the bones in my @$$ were throbbing. Figured this can't be. Suzuki wouldn't do this to me. Did some research about seats and found the Tobin/New Image seat. Tobin's original seat was done by New Image and all seats since are still done by Lee. His patterns/design.

Anyway... I actually live in York, PA (no way affiliated with New Image, originally from MI, license plate to prove it). I called him up at 11:52am today. Inquired about the seats and how it worked whether he had them in stock etc. He said nope, but have one sent out tomorrow. I was like, "I actually live in York, PA." He said, "tell me what you want, give me 20 minutes and you can pick it up." I was like, "sold!" Rode the bike over at lunch, swapped the brackets out, paid the man, and rode away. Immediate relief on my ride back to work. Night and day.

Not in to the flash or chrome, not my style. I inquired about the whole story and it is exactly like Rashad said. Lee is a stand-up guy and is true to his word. I highly reccommend New Image Upholstery for the hayabusa seat mod upgrade.

I'm 6'4" and already ordered buell pegs and will machine some handlebar risers at work tomorrow. Gonna actually put some miles on this bike, and want some function.

Here is the contact info:
Lee Gorrera
The "New" New Image Online!

When you call, you talk to the man that does the work. Full capabilities for custom embroidery, logos and has over 20 years of experience.

STH71147.jpg

STH71160.jpg

STH71161.jpg

STH71162.jpg

Back