Thanks Suzuki

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Was just thinking about how lucky we are that the GSX1300r got a name like Hayabusa. :bowdown:

By just adding this name to the motorcycle really helped grow the cult like following. I think the legendary Hayabusa has really written it's own chapter in the history of motorcycles. It not even considered a sportbike or superbike it's a hypersport. :bowdown: Yea, Honda had the blackbird but the name is still vague.

The Hayabusa name has been around long before the bike but I think this generation and future ones will always tie the Hayabusa name to the motorcycle. Marketing really nailed it for this motorcycle. :beerchug: Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

I keep wanting to add comments. Has there been another bike with the same amount of aftermarket support??? They even stick these engines in those things that have 4 wheels instead of just 2. :laugh:

wasn't there a plane from ww2 named hayabusa? anyways... it is fitting that such a beautiful machine be named after such a beautiful animal:thumbsup:

There was supposedly a lot of thought. The falcon that decended at speeds of 200 MPH to capture / kill it's prey ( Honda Blackbird, fastest production bike at the time )

everyone knows hayabusa translates into Peregrine falcon. But what most people do not know is suzuki almost named the gsx1300r the "Yellow-bellied Sapsucker".

yea that would have been a tough name to live with. I still remember the Chevy Camaro was first named camero until they figured out it meant shrimp. :laugh:
everyone knows hayabusa translates into Peregrine falcon. But what most people do not know is suzuki almost named the gsx1300r the "Yellow-bellied Sapsucker".

Wish they had, be even funnier when my Yellow-bellied Sapsucker outruns a $100k car.:laugh:

Was just thinking about how lucky we are that the GSX1300r got a name like Hayabusa. :bowdown:

By just adding this name to the motorcycle really helped grow the cult like following. I think the legendary Hayabusa has really written it's own chapter in the history of motorcycles. It not even considered a sportbike or superbike it's a hypersport. :bowdown: Yea, Honda had the blackbird but the name is still vague.

The Hayabusa name has been around long before the bike but I think this generation and future ones will always tie the Hayabusa name to the motorcycle. Marketing really nailed it for this motorcycle. :beerchug: Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Yeah it coulda been named "B King":whistle:

wasn't there a plane from ww2 named hayabusa? anyways... it is fitting that such a beautiful machine be named after such a beautiful animal:thumbsup:

Yes, the main fighter planes also used for kamikazi planes at the end of the war.

I had toyed with the idea of doing my bike as a fighter plane theme with the airbrushed rivits and panels markings etc, found out the shared name with this plane. I considered for a moment about using this plane as the reference for all the paint / markings etc. and abandoned the idea and went a different direction for fear of disrespect to our veterans.

Knowing there was a fighter plane called the Hayabusa, and not being able to use that as the platform for my idea caused me to lose all interest in the theme. Which is just as well, I'm really enjoying where it's going now.

The name was also used for a spacecraft.

Back