Thanks, newenough!

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
I'm excited! Just recieved my Sidi B-1 race boots from Newenough.com, just when they said they would be here....even inspite of the snowstorm. Have ridden for 41 years and these are my first set of actual race boots. (not counting mx boots) They are too cool, fit great and light as a feather. Up until now, I have just used hiking boots to ride with, this is going to be so much better!! Full report coming after the snow melts....

Congrats MoonDog,
  That means we are one piece closer to Hallet.

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140471511 -->

cool.gif

Got these from Newenough today too. An evaluation when I get to ride in 'em.

Boots.jpg

Thanks- Newenough was the only place I'd seen these. I hope they're COOL too. Got some Alpinestars Gortex that are way warm.

Any pics moondog? I've had good luck w/ Alpinestars stuff, so why stray. Looked at some Sidis too, looks like nice boots.

smile.gif
 bump for pops to find

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140549408 -->

HBR, your gonna love those SMX plus boots. Ive owned two pairs and love them. Just a little over kill for the amount of street riding I did with them. Overall one of the better boots that I have used.

HEY....who ya callin' "pops"? Ya little wiper-snaper! Why, I ought to......................ah.......uhmm.... dang it, forgot what I was talkin' about. Anyway, here is a pic of the boots:

2005_grey.jpg

laugh.gif
I was truly talkin about my Pops moondog, I was just making it easier for him to see a pic.
laugh.gif

Those Sidis are way NICE. Zipper fasten?

laugh.gif

Ya, zipper and some of the narly-ist velcro I've ever seen! Their not as armored as the vertabre or the rest of the true race boots, more for the street and an occasional track day. Some of the race boots feel like ski boots, don't need that. The b-1's (and now the new b-2) are more for the aggressive street rider. These things fit like a tennis shoe and are easier to walk in then my hiking boots, very pleased. Even at my advanced age.....
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Don't know about that, mine are size 45 or 10.5-11...they say the Sidi boots run pretty true to tennis shoe size. And, I would think a little snug in this type of application would be good. I was afraid I would lose the sensitivity with race boots, just the oppisite...even though I have not had a chance to ride yet, they feel way more responsive then my old hiking boots.

Nice boots. Newenough.com rocks. I got a new helmet from them today! How much were the boots?

super.gif

The Sidi B-1's are on close-out, $159 + $11 FedEx ground. The new B-2's are $200, same boot with a little different back piece. Come in red/black, blue/black and the silver/black I got. Had to get the silver cause I have the black and silver 03'. Wanted blue but my wife said that would be like wearing black slacks with a brown belt....apparently not cool.
wink.gif

Back