Thanks everybody for everything

gcal

Registered
Well as some of you may know I was looking to sell the busa for several reasons the main being I wanted to do only track days next year and not ride on the street any more (I'm tired of the worry of police, insurance, drunks, ricers on crack hitting me etc. etc).
Well the time came and I got an offer to swap the busa for a stock 2001 1k gsxr with 12k miles for my 00 busa with 17,k miles and custom paint and some minor mods (brakes, lines pads, blinkers front and rear, carbon mirrors and levers, and I think of what else). swaped straight across. the gixxer is super clean and super stock the previos owner was a friend of a friend.
Any way the point of this thread is two things
To thank everybody for the advice they gave me through out my busa ownership and of course a big thanks to Thinker for telling me about the site. Thanks Greg
To hear what you guys think about the 1k and what your opnions are about the trade.

BTW i still havent traded bikes yet while I was over there checking out his bike and him checking out mine we decided we had to think about it and we would decide today so he called me and we said ok to the swap and we will do it tuesday so this week some time we will finalize the deal. So my ponit is if any one thinks I should know something about what I'm doing please speak now or forever hold your peace.

thanks,
Gcal

BIggest thanks to Captian for keeping the site up for us bike nutz to share info on.

<!--EDIT|gcal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102311803 -->

Gotta go with what YOU like Cal....good luck with it!!
Don't dissapear....let us know how it is.
BTW.....did ya check out the all black UK version of the 05 1k.....that is deffinately the SICKEST factory bike I have ever laid eyes on.....and yes I do like the pipe....it's different!!

Hey man just cause your changing bikes doesnt mean you have to give us the farewell speach
wink.gif
. I think you should have gotten some cash or something on top of your bike personally or took the modded stuff off and traded stock for stock but thats just me. Then you could have sold the parts to pay for those expensive as track tires. But just my opnion. Holla

I hear ya
It's what I like and I like the busa for the freeways so I can dust every living thing lol
but I also like tring to push the edge of the corners.

yea I also thought about taking the mods off but I dont have the stock parts for one and another I am giving him the bike with a craked front fender some big rock chips on the front nose So i felt It was a fair trade cause his bike looks very clean and well kept compared to my bike total since any way I felt like it was a clean trade but thasts why i'm asking others cause I also feel like I could benift from the opnions of others.

<!--EDIT|gcal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102437175 -->

Doesn't sound like a fair trade to me. But if it's what you want then do it. Just remember that even though his looks good it has probably been worked just as hard and maybe with less time spent taking care of the inside of the bike.
NADA stock for stock shows the following:
Suzuki 2001 GSXR1000 = $6025
Suzuki 2000 GSX1300R = $6095
You are getting robbed of $70 right off the bat.
biggrin.gif

Have heard a lot of people talk about the Gixxer 1K, but have only sat on 1 myself. Have thought about having it as a second bike, but not sure. Good for you if you decide to actually go through with the trade. Stay up with the sight and let us know how you are doing.

I have a Gixxer 1K as well as a busa and I have far more fun on my gixxer than I do on my busa. The busa has it's place but my goodness, that 1K is a kick in the ass to spend a sunday afternoon on. I dropped one in the front and two up on the rear and I truly believe my 1K will out pull my stock busa! I've just never had anything that's come close to the entertainment value of the 1K. I'm sure the R1 or the ZX-10 is equally as much fun, it just so happens I'm a suzuki fan. I don't think you'll be sorry about the trade, at least in the short term. However, if I were to only have one bike, I'd have a hard time giving up the busa.

Stick around.
I think you made a good decision about just staying on the track.

From what you've said about the bikes, it sounds like a fair deal to me. As long as you're both happy, then do what YOU want.

Don't disappear from the board. Let us know how you like it, and post some track day pics for us.
beerchug.gif

Wus...
wink.gif

He he, Congrats man. There is a lot of truth to what you said about giving up riding on the street. When you hear that Rossi, Hayden, and many others do not ride on the streets even at their skill level it starts hitting home, makes you wonder a little bit.

The decision to street ride or not is something we all have to make for ourselves. Hell it's crossed my mind on a few occasions. Heck it's sorta crossing it right now. I mean, is the Risk worth the fun? Somedays not so much, other days, no question...

So I'll say nice work man... Enjoy the 1K, it's bound to be a kick in the butt on the track.

Congrats and post pics! It's cool track riding is truely awesome, and really allows you to have fun and still make it home to your family.

Your decision has been thought out so go for it...The trade is even enough...You might get tired of track only riding and decide to come back to the street...If you do just remember your on jr...
evil.gif

ill most likely stay around even though im getting a 1k but ill be down off the net for awhile cause im moving so i need to settle down then ill pop back on the "grid"
laugh.gif
(had to say that.
ill get pics this week some time as soon as the bike is at my house which looks like will be this week

you'll notice a lot of people who taste the track end up doing that. when track riding is 10 times more fun that streets/canyons, then the 1K is worth 10 times more to you than a busa. great decision and I know you won't regret it. now all your road riding, commuting gas and insurance money can go strait into tires.... sounds crazy to the rest of us, but it's a different game with different parameters... with NO curbs, street lights, cars, piles of invisible sand...

rocks on!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "that's it! installing a new keyboard today"|1102520253 -->

Back