Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
To the Busa Bash Family,

I would like to thank several members of the bash for helping piece my ride back together after my little incident.  Apparently, I thought the Busa would make a good dual sport and tried a little off road excursion, well it didn’t work out too well and I don’t recommend it to anyone.  Long story short, it was purely rider error, rushing into corner (that right hand will get you in trouble if you are not careful), hard on the front brakes to shed the excess speed, and lack or rider skill to process the situation and to correct the previous erroneous actions.  Fortunately for me, I was lucky enough to just low side in the soft wet shoulder of the road, lined with a rock wall along the road.  I was wearing my “normal†protective gear, full MotoGP Ti suit, gauntlet style gloves, Sidi boots, Knox back and chest protector, and or course my Shoei helmet.  I was so luck that I didn’t even have a bruise on me, other than my ego.  

The bike, which is disposable, suffered minor damage, rashed nose, broken front blinker housing, rashed and left lower, rashed rear plastic and scratched hump, little scratch on the tank, broken black plastic piece at the bottom side of the tank, broken front rim, cracked stator cover, broken chin (vee) fairing piece (below the radiator).  That’s about all I can think of at the moment, oh forgot scratch front fender.

My thanks goes out to

Hal (GSXcite)  - thanks for the loaner front rim (it’s will be back to you by Wednesday unless UPS lied to me) – who needs Wheelers when we have Hal’s trailer!

Kevin (Vman)   - having the foresight in bringing spare parts, i.e. stator cover and gasket, and selling them at a great price.

John (GIXERHP) - thanks for helping me replace the stator cover, pull the nose, replace blinker housings, and straighten up the windscreen stays.

Dan (from GA) - for trailering me from CROT to Philips

The guy with the Amber blinker housings, these will go into the pay it forward rotation.

Thanks to the H.org Family for collection to help offset the cost of the replacement parts.

And I am sure I forgot several others that were there lending a hand, tools, or just plain ole comments.  

And I apologize to Dad of Three (Robert) for having to witness my stupidity and lack of riding skills.

Thank You for the experience, I went to the bash not knowing a sole and have returned home knowing there are great people still out there.

I will post pictures when I get home (still at work) so you can put the bike with the name, and face with the bike, and name with the face.

Hey, Hey, I helped get your bike up and squirted some Loctite on the stator bolts, etc.

I'm glad you made it through it. I was afraid I was going to ride over ya. If ya need anything let me know. I think we both learned a little through that experience.

Had a blast, hope to see ya next spring.
super.gif

Me...
DSC05429.jpg

The bike minutes before the modifications...
DSC05468.jpg

DSC05470.jpg

CROT - dripping oil, covered in mud and oil
DSC05472.jpg

Before my ride home Sunday on borrowed parts...
DSC001-001.jpg

(dadofthree @ Apr. 30 2007,19:21) Hey, Hey, I helped get your bike up and squirted some Loctite on the stator bolts, etc.

I'm glad you made it through it. I was afraid I was going to ride over ya. If ya need anything let me know. I think we both learned a little through that experience.

Had a blast, hope to see ya next spring.  
super.gif
Of course a Huge thanks to you, for not running me over and helping out of the ditch, and not kicking the crap out of me for being stupid.

Next time I'm sqeezing the tank with my knees, raising my arse off the seat slightly and throwing you in front of the Bus(a)
laugh.gif

well.... if it weren't for you, my front & rear stands and tools would have been bored to death.
jump9.gif

besides, it gave me a chance to test that front axle tool I won in the raffle the night before!

glad we got you ride ready!

beerchug.gif

glad you made it back up and rolling
beerchug.gif
here are a couple pics of the work in progress

IMG_0308__Medium_.JPG

Hate to hear you went down Powers. Seeing those pics will help me remember to keep my wrist out of the throttle. Hate it I missed meeting everyone also. It is a shame that it takes me 30 minutes to get from my driveway to the overlook and rain keeps me from leaving the house.

Ted, I'm glad you made it home with no problems. No hurry on the wheel and I hope you didn't pay a bunch of $$ to get it here express. I'm sure you will agree with me when I say I have never met a greater bunch of people than the ones we have on the org. The selfless acts you read about almost everyday on the org. is something I don't think you will find on any other forum or organization. I'm glad you joined us and hope to see you at many org events in the future. As soon as I get your package with my spare wheel, I'll repack your old one in the same box and get it down to UPS and send it off. Hope you get your bike back to the same condition as it was before.

Man,
I hate that you went down... glad that it was not worse though! After seeing the 2 of us, I can't imagine anyone at the Bash not wearing full gear! Glad you made it home safe!

<---- "the guy with the amber front turns" .......... glad they were put to good use since others found a home on shawns. i know i didnt have as many spares as hal, but every little bit counts. glad you are ok Ted. let me know if there is anything i can do to help ya out.

I will be adding a few more parts to my trailer. I carry a lot of spare parts, not necessary for me, but for anyone one that needs it. I just bought a rearset off of ebay (Shawn gave me the idea) and a spare stator cover (thanks to me) soon. But all that doesn't help when you decide to ride to the bash instead of trailering...

Enjoyed meeting you. Watching the repair of your bike reminded me a lot of my job at DOE 2 people working 15 overseeing, Glad you were not hurt.
The way everyone comes together to help those in need is truly enlighting.
Hope to see you next year

Glad you were ok. Don't be so hard on yourself. Was noce meeting you, wish it was under better situation..... +100 about gear.... Hard to believe you and Mc Mustang walked away (literally) from those crashes. So how you feeling after a few days though?

Ted, glad you made it home safely! It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you, Tim, George, and I can get together soon and do the Suches thing. Take care!!! Bob
cool.gif

(Fate @ Apr. 30 2007,23:flamethrowing:) Glad you were ok. Don't be so hard on yourself. Was noce meeting you, wish it was under better situation..... +100 about gear.... Hard to believe you and Mc Mustang walked away (literally) from those crashes. So how you feeling after a few days though?
I feel just fine... bruised ego still hurts...

I think MCM is a different story...

Back