Thank you Mr. FedEx

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
My FedEx guy is the greatest. He saw the box was from New Enough and skipped the receptionist to come straight back to my office. He had to know what else I just bought :)

Well, here it is. New Joe Rocket carbon fiber helmet from New Enough. It's so lightweight! I also got the shaded visor for it. Wish it had the pull-down sunshade like my HJC, oh well.

Real-world test tomorrow.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

Like how you slowly peeled back the tote bag to reveal your new lid of goodness :lol: Too funny...

Haven't heard much feedback on Joe Rocket lids....but it looks like a nice helmet...enjoy!

Nice! :thumbsup:

I was looking at that same lid the other day. They use the same shields as the HJCs... I have plenty of those. LOL

I just read through the documentation (gasp, what a concept).

It's actually an HJC helmet branded for Joe Rocket, that's why the HJC shields fit. My primary helmet is HJC and I love it. I think I'm going to be very happy.

My FedEx guy is the greatest. He saw the box was from New Enough and skipped the receptionist to come straight back to my office. He had to know what else I just bought :)

Well, here it is. New Joe Rocket carbon fiber helmet from New Enough. It's so lightweight! I also got the shaded visor for it. Wish it had the pull-down sunshade like my HJC, oh well.

Real-world test tomorrow.

Nice Lid Don. It looks like it has good vision. Ride ????.

Nice Lid Don. It looks like it has good vision. Ride ????.

We gotta do it. Finally getting settld into the new house, not done yet, but close. August is a crazy month already. Going to vegas for 4 days to relax and recreate, then to Iowa for a week to visit the office then off to the racetrack for a weekend immediately after.

How's your september looking?

Time for full review.

Ride time: 30 minutes
Speeds tested: residential, highway, bursts to 100

Quality:
The exterior quality of the helmet is pretty good. The clearcoat is flawless and the blue/black carbon underneath is beautiful.
The chin vent is a little worrisome. Because it opens so big I'm thinking it might catch bugs on a really bad night. I've had those nights, where the bugs on the shield are so bad you can't see. Have to remember to close it when that happens again.

The interior quality is also pretty good. The padding is abundant and comfy. There is no chin skirt. The noseguard is removable.

The liner is fully removable.

Ventilation:
The best I've seen. When you look up into the helmet, you can see directly to the outside. The vents are direct venting so there is no "channel". This helps on the noise factor as well, no air rushing between layers. There is a main vent on the chin and 2 vents on the forehead that can be open/closed. There are two vents on the back of the head that remain open at all times. This is definitely not a wet weather helmet. Your head WILL get wet if it rains.

Fit:
This helmet is made by HJC and fits just like an HJC. For me that's a good fit. I wear an XXL and the fit is snug without hurting. The noseguard rubbed my nose occasionally and while annoying I was able to ignore it. As I said, it can be removed.

Visibility:
The eye portal is very large. I can see the helmet in my outer peripheral vision but it definitely does not get in the way of seeing my surroundings.

Weight:
1450 grams and you can tell when you wear it. This helmet is so light that the weight is noticeable by the lack of it. When I was sitting in traffic for a short stint it really becomes obvious that it's light. You don't feel like you are weight training when you swivel your head to look around.

Noise:
This is one of the quietest helmets I've ridden with. My Shoei RF-1000 is similar. At hyper-speed there is some wind buffeting to be heard but that won't be avoided. At highway speeds it was quiet enough that I didn't notice the noise. The vents contribute greatly to the lack of noise. When I closed them all it was slightly quieter.

The visor has an interesting feature. When it closes all the way it has a mechanism that pulls the visor into the gasket rather than letting it lay on top of the gasket. This really seals up the front and keeps things quiet.

Extras:
Because this helmet is made by HJC you can use HJC HJ-visors, they come in shaded, mirrored, pinlock, etc.
The HJC visors have an external lock that will keep the visor down. Useful when racing.
This helmet also comes standard with a really nice helmet bag from JR.

Summary:
I can tell this is my new go-to helmet except for when I expect rain.

Where to buy:
Black only; $229.99
Joe Rocket RKT 101 Carbon Helmet - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Blue; Copper; Green; $142.99 - $214.49
Joe Rocket RKT 101 Carbon Motorcycle Helmet :: New Enough

I got this one at New Enough and also picked up the HJC HJ-09 visor. The helmet was $214.49 and the visor was $22.49. Total with shipping = $249.62

Nice lid. IMO, I have the same lid, not CF tho, and I hate it. The visor has never sealed real good, way to much wind noise, and at high speeds you get all kinds of wind under the neck and up your face and makes my eyes water. PLUS, the breath guard; useless as tits on a bull!!
I love most JR products, but i'll never buy another JR helmet and wouldn't recommend one either. IMO

Last edited:
Back