Thank You Captain & Your Eagle Eyes..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
This is a lap timing transponder..
Hallet9-5-10074.jpg

This little bit of rashed and beaten up piece of plastic wrapped electronic gizmo-ology is worth a cool $425 to the track (in order to keep everyone from walking off with them at the end of the day).
Well, I got one ($25 per day to use), and put it in the back compartment under the hump. When I crashed, it blew the hump off, and during one of the flying end overs, it chucked the transponder like mashed potatoes off of a spoon. Couldn't find it, "your responsible" Connie (track owner) says.
So, at lunch time I went down the paddock row to ask for help from the Org in finding it. "No problem" everyone says, so off we go Cap, Twotone, Macon, several others, wives, and at least one dog, to search for the valueable little piece of electronic fluff. We go over on the back side of the tire wall, Macon and I climb up on the tires and go to looking down in them for it. About 30 seconds later Cap says, "here it is". Laying in the grass right behind the tire rows. WHEW! Put that $425 back in my pocket.
Tried to buy him a Hallet track shirt, something, "nope, don't owe me a thing" he says.
Saved me $425 buddy, I won't be forgetting it (or all of the rest of you that headed out into the hot sun to look) anytime soon.
Thanks.:-)

They should give a tie strap with the rental. I noticed one tie wrapped in the destroyed R1 that was still attached.

glad you guys found it, good eyes CAp and kudos to everyone who helped :beerchug:

That is lucky he found it for you . Good eyes cap and thanks to all who helped look for it .
Friends helping friends is what it's all about .
Were they upset it was rashed up a bit or no ?

On a side note , really sorry about our get off but glad you walked away and lived to tell the tale .

No. That was how it looked when I got it. I'm not the first one to fling the thing through the air. They're like reusable airplane black boxes.:laugh:

I see . Thanks for the answer.
And again I'm glad your ok .
Please let me know if there's anything i can do to help .

Tried to buy him a Hallet track shirt, something, "nope, don't owe me a thing" he says.

Tom, Very glad that you walked away from that get off, my wife saw the whole thing and she says you flipped one full time in the air and 3 on the ground and the bike flipped rwice in the air then rolled on the ground a couple of times... It really upset her until you got up..

My friendship cost nothing, for you to buy me a shirt would be a reward, your friendship is worth more to me than any old shirt... I don't do the things I do for a physical reward, I to it for your friendship cause thats how we should be...

Thanks for the offer, and very glad that you were able to turn it in..

cap

Very glad it got found Tom, $425 is alot of money to have to come up with, Especially after a wreck, Just glad you are alright.

Glad you found it Tom. Having to pay for that would have been insult to injury for sure on this day.

Tom as get-off's go I would say you did really well! Nice to have friends around in the event of abrupt 2 wheeled acrobatics huh?

BTW nice find Cap!

Back