Thank God ya'll haven't seen me on the news yet..

(Copperone @ Jan. 28 2007,21:21) Man, truely sorry to hear about your living nightmare.  What a mess, and you ask yourself what can I do.   Love you duaghter, your all she has, and all that is solid in her life right now.  I know others have said it, but don't blame yourself.  All the best upbringing in the world sometimes seems like it doesn't work.  Just love her, even though she has hurt your family terribly, and try to guide her in the right direction.    By doing this you will be helping yourself and your family and hopefully your duaghter.  Truely a terrible situation, and I really hope you can find a way to work your way through it.  My heart goes out to you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Excellent, right on the money advice!

UPDATING THE UPDATED UPDATE:

Well folks...Here's the latest skinny...

1. The almost 19 year old 11th grade afro-american males 18 year old twin sister who chased down my 15  year old daughter in a minivan then jumped out and starting beating the shid out of her in the middle of the street 1/2 way home from her school bus stop has been arrested and released on bond...her arraignment date is set for 03/21...and we'll be there.

2. I just took 2 hours off of work to take Candice to the state attourneys office this past thursday afternoon for a meeting woth her Victims Advocate and the State Prosecutor to debate, discuss and decide how we were going to handle both charges of...

a. The 18 year old males "Lewd and Lucivious Act On A Person Under 16 Years Of Age" crime annnd...

b. His twin sisters resultant retributionary charge of..."Battery Of A Minor"

and as it turns out...They're going forward with the battery charges on the sister who also has a prior of domestic violence w/ regards to whooping up on her own momma's azz...the best they can do?...12 months probation and get this..."manditory anger management classes"...your tax dollars hard at work?
rock.gif

and the brother?...well...they asked me how i felt and what i wanted to see happen..so i told'im...anything i can do to get this star rap singing, gang banging, drug dealing thug out of the corridors of my daughters high school....citing that at almost 19 years old?...he ain't in the 11th grade for an education..he's there for...

1. Customers

2. An audience for his "Rap Group" (which he's the lead singer/rapper of...a real H.S. Hero stud type)

annnnnd?...

3. a social life.

But the one thing he's not there for is an education.

The state prosecutor then told me...

"Whelp?..we'd lose this case."

I asked why...she said that even a mediocre defense attourney would point out to a jury trial that...

1. (even though there's almost 4 years dif in age that) They are only 1 grade level apart...citing it as nothing more than a H.S. romance gone wrong...and do so in a "why are we even here?" tone...and..

2. He'll point out to the jury that my own daughter was consentual even to the point of arranging and helping to sneak him into my home and...

3. He'll claim you're a racist caucasion father who's pushed for this trial.

Then she informed me that...This trial pocess could take upwards of 2 years to complete and that by the time it's over that i'd have enough subpeona's to wallpaper my home and to plan on losing a lot of time from work and that he can appeal to no end and even "fire his lawyer midstream" and drag it out even further and that while we stand a small chance to buy him some serious time that "That Chance" is a very small one with a strong possibility that we'd lose and he'd wind up getting aqquited......to boot?...the Victims Advocate then chimed in by reminding me that while all this was going on?...Candice still has 2 years of High School to attend...amidst his gang rappers friends, fiends and cohorts....who would label Candice as a "THE SNITCH HO WHO'S TRYING TO PUT THEIR DAWG IN JAIL"...along with unknown and untold acts of retailiation.

What the state prosecutor and victims advocate suggested was....

They take the video tape of him confessing and offer him a deal of 1 years probation w/ weekly urin tests and affect a 1 year curfew on him.

Explaining that...this way?...they can have Candice fill out a phony "Drop Charges Form" (to have something to prove to the kids at school that she wasn't the one who pressed charges on their rapper hero) so they don't harm, threaten or harass Candice at school and that.....we know he's gonna screw up again...and then we can nail him and he'll have no one to blame but himself and your daughter is safe and sound out of the picture altogether..then asked me what i thought...so i told'em..

Me: "It sounds to me like ya'll are passing the buck here....and what i can't understand is how this young man got out on bail while he was already out on bail on an unrelated charge of "assault on a minor" that just happened 2 weeks prior to this incident."

at this point the state prosecutor began flipping through his rap sheet laying on her desk stating...(and very defensively i might add)....

"What?..My records don't show any priors on him."

and then the victims advocate (who knew i knew of this for a fact from Candices S.R.O. "School Resource Officer") leaned over and told the state prosecutor...

"He's right....there was a charge of assault on a minor...but they cut'im a deal and it was admonished from his records."

so i followed with...

"See there?...you're the "STATE PROSECUTOR" and you're not even aware of previous charges on this man....who was "cut a deal"...which begs curiosity of "How Many Other Charges Against Him Fell Through The Cracks"....who else "PASSED THE BUCK"....and how many other "CUT DEALS" are left unrecorded?...

Both the state prosector lady and Candices victim advocate got real quiet and squirmed in their seats with no answers as i let a moment pass and then?...i told'em...

Me: "Hey...ya know what?...I got Prepaid College paid for and sitting in a safe deposit box for all three of my daughters....and my wife and i paid for all three of our daughters to attend private school through the 8th grade for a good foundation...so obviously?...we love them ALL dearly...butcha know what?...if Candice hasta walk through some shid over this?..OH WELL!...as she had a hand it it too...besides...the way i see it?..i'd love that these thug azz rappers will hate her and NOT WANT HER IN THEIR CIRCLES ANYMORE...for being a snitch or not...and please tell me...what will you ladies of the law say to the next father and daughter in our same postion sitting in your chambers for crimes commited by the very same guy who your basically...in my eyes?..letting go...what will you tell them?...the same as what I hear today?"

again they writhed in their seats...and then i stated in a very humble mannor...

Me: "Well?...ya know what?...I'm just an uneducated working kinda guy and a babe in big woods as compared to you ladies of the law...and i understand that you're far more aware and adept at what transpires in the coutrooms of today than i am and yes...if we can't win this case as a trial by jury?...then i can understand..there's no sense wasting time, money and effort for a drawn out slim chance at a conviction...i'll honor whatever you ladies decide...as after all...ultimately?....the decison of wether or not to go to trial is up to the state prosecutor...not me."

So to my fellow fathers out there?...sorry fella's...i tried my best to get one more thug out of our schools but...no go...Candice signed the (suposedly fake) "Drop Charges Form" and it doesn't look like this particular case will be going to trial...nor will this predator be going to jail...this time...unless he gets real stupid and doesn't take the state prosecutors gracious offer of...1 years prohbation w/ drug screening and curfew.

Not real happy with how it panned out and?...L8R, Bill.
sad.gif

he'll get his. What goes around comes around. I know that's not what you want to hear. Good effort on your part. Keep your chin up.

Dayum Bill. Sorry to hear this, we could rant on how the court system fails us time after time. But it never seems to change.

Sorry to hear how things are turning out with this. Really doesn't seem like theres any justince. The bad guy gets a walk and you still have to worry about the whole situation even more.

I am not surprised at the chain of events. Too bad for sure. As mentioned, MOST wanna-be thug rappers, who actually think star rappers lead a thug life(Kayne West is a smart businessman, not a gangster), will eventually became a victim of their environment.  
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

jinkster i feel foy u I have a 19 yearold daughter .Its hard raising girls . You know what most boys are out for at that age ..I commend you for your restraint i for one am not 100% sure that i would not have had my daughter invite him back for another late nite trist and then blow his head off when he was in the house but that I know would not solve anything . Might make me feel better for about ten minutes but then reality would set in.
I think you have handled the best way you could .All we can do is raise them the best we can and hope they make the right choices and when they dont they have to pay for them .That is a part of growing up .
He was looking for anothe feather for his cap .She will learn you have to have faith and believe in her that is all you can do any of us .I would be more worried wether he has tried turning her on to drugs .
I pray every day my girl dont choose the wrong path all i know is i cant make the choice for her ...
I dont like the guys she is hanging with right now but i cant stop her ..
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family..

if it gets to bad around there you might have to let her go to school somewhere else .up here we can have the kids transfered to another school if there is reason enough and I would say you have met the bill ..
Good luck my friend if you need any help let me know Im here .
Maurice

(Poppy @ Feb. 25 2007,04:00) I am not surprised at the chain of events. Too bad for sure. As mentioned, MOST wanna-be thug rappers, who actually think star rappers lead a thug life(Kayne West is a smart businessman, not a gangster), will eventually became a victim of their environment.  
guns.gif

guns.gif
My wife is big into any form of modern christian music and she HATES Kayne West with a passion...why?...he used the christian avenue to "get there"...then once "there"?....transformed himself into the scummiest gangsta wannabee pos out there...for commercial profit...even the real thugs hate'im cause they know he's a phony shidtalker rather than a real lifer type...poor 'lil rich boy gone thug...i bet gods got sumpt'in good and special wait'in for his sorry azz.
laugh.gif

guns.gif

(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 25 2007,04:22) jinkster i feel foy u I have a 19 yearold daughter .Its hard raising girls . You know what most boys are out for at that age ..I commend you for your restraint i for one am not 100% sure that i would not have had my daughter invite him back for another late nite trist and then blow his head off when he was in the house but that I know would not solve anything . Might make me feel better for about ten minutes but then reality would set in.
    I think you have handled the best way you could .All we can do is raise them the best we can and hope they make the right choices and when they dont they have to pay for them .That is a part of growing up .
  He was looking for anothe feather for his cap .She will learn you have to have faith and believe in her that is all you can do any of us .I would be more worried wether he has tried turning her on to drugs .
   I pray every day my girl dont choose the wrong path all i know is i cant make the choice for her ...

if it gets to bad around there you might have to let her go to school somewhere else .up here we can have the kids transfered to another school if there is reason enough and I would say you have met the bill ..
                                         Maurice
usually?...especially in instances such as this one?..."what i wanna do" and "what i hafta do" are 180 degrees apart...but i always have my choice of which one to act on...

"Emotion"...Or?...."Intelligence"

and i came real close to making a bad decision this time...thank god i sat back and thought long and hard first...as there's two other young daughters and a wife that need me to be around for a while longer...which is the only thought that consoles my..."emotion"..and keeps it in check.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Feb. 25 2007,10:59)
(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 25 2007,04:22) jinkster i feel foy u I have a 19 yearold daughter .Its hard raising girls . You know what most boys are out for at that age ..I commend you for your restraint i for one am not 100% sure that i would not have had my daughter invite him back for another late nite trist and then blow his head off when he was in the house but that I know would not solve anything . Might make me feel better for about ten minutes but then reality would set in.

Maurice
usually?...especially in instances such as this one?..."what i wanna do" and "what i hafta do" are 180 degrees apart...but i always have my choice of which one to act on...

and i came real close to making a bad decision this time...thank god i sat back and thought long and hard first...as there's two other young daughters and a wife that need me to be around for a while longer...which is the only thought that consoles my..."emotion"..and keeps it in check.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I do undrstand that .And yes you made the right decision . You still have other family to tend to and take care of . The thug is lucky he doesnt live about 100 years ago . Would make a nice court yard hanging..

rnnut8_e0.gif

(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 25 2007,05:47)

Maurice

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I do undrstand that .And yes you made the right decision . You still have other family to tend to and take care of . The thug is lucky he doesnt live about 100 years ago . Would make a nice court yard hanging..
well?...you know the dif between a redneck and a hillbilly doncha?...

a hillbilly will kill ya....

but a redneck?...they'll keep ya alive...for awhile anyways.
laugh.gif

I'm more tilted towards swampland redneck.
laugh.gif

hang'ins too good for'im...i'd rather find a large fire ant mound and stake his azz out...then sit back with a case of longnecks on ice....then play some rap music on a boom box and watch'im dance.
laugh.gif
then feed the left overs to the gators down at the locks.

sorry...jus hadta vent in a fantasy sorta way...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Feb. 25 2007,11:54)
(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 25 2007,05:47)

Maurice

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
well?...you know the dif between a redneck and a hillbilly doncha?...

a hillbilly will kill ya....

but a redneck?...they'll keep ya alive...for awhile anyways.
laugh.gif

I'm more tilted towards swampland redneck.
laugh.gif

hang'ins too good for'im...i'd rather find a large fire ant mound and stake his azz out...then sit back with a case of longnecks on ice....then play some rap music on a boom box and watch'im dance.
laugh.gif
then feed the left overs to the gators down at the locks.

sorry...jus hadta vent in a fantasy sorta way...
YEEEE HAAAAA illl bring the beer where you want to meet will even bring the rope and boombox sounds like a party
guns.gif
ices_rofl.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Jesus, Jinkster. This is really awful. I even remember you posting up here at one point a year or so ago, about this whole thing in its infancy. Kids just do not listen to their parents. They have to learn the hard way. This is horrible. I truly feel for you, here.

Do you remember when you posted up about this way back? Maybe you could print out that post or thread and show it to your daughter. Not that it would help much, I guess. She is definitely not capable of having "consensual" sex at her age with someone who is an adult. She is in the age of brain malfunction and misfire. It is a scientific and biological fact.

You may have to move out of there. Get out of that city or state altogether. You are dealing with human wolves.

******* bastards. We are letting these gangs get way the hell out of hand. I pray for your family, man. This just sucks.

She will someday understand that she should have listened to you early on, instead of trying to prove a point and **** with you. That is what I think she did. She took this on as a way of getting back at you for some reason. It is a measure of her attempt to have some kind of control over you.

Sorry man. It sickens me, to hear those animals threatening your family, and talking so crudely of your child.

She owes you all, big time. You may have to move to another state to preserve your lives.

(HayaVegas @ Feb. 25 2007,08:34) Jesus, Jinkster.  This is really awful.  I even remember you posting up here at one point a year or so ago, about this whole thing in its infancy.  Kids just do not listen to their parents.  They have to learn the hard way.  This is horrible.  I truly feel for you, here.

Do you remember when you posted up about this way back?  Maybe you could print out that post or thread and show it to your daughter.  Not that it would help much, I guess.  She is definitely not capable of having "consensual" sex at her age with someone who is an adult.  She is in the age of brain malfunction and misfire.  It is a scientific and biological fact.

You may have to move out of there.  Get out of that city or state altogether.  You are dealing with human wolves.

******* bastards.  We are letting these gangs get way the hell out of hand.  I pray for your family, man.  This just sucks.

She will someday understand that she should have listened to you early on, instead of trying to prove a point and **** with you.  That is what I think she did.  She took this on as a way of getting back at you for some reason.  It is a measure of her attempt to have some kind of control over you.

Sorry man.  It sickens me, to hear those animals threatening your family, and talking so crudely of your child.  

She owes you all, big time.  You may have to move to another state to preserve your lives.
nah...it's bad but...it ain't "we gotta move" bad...and i did get one small giggle outta all this...my daughter told me that one afternoon (while we weren't home) he wanted to look at my busa in the garage...so she showed him...and then she said his eyes locked onto my trophy shelf in the garage...lined with numerous N.F.A.A. (national feild archery association) and I.B.O. (international bowhunters association).....annnnd?...I.P.S.C./U.S.P.S.A. (international practical shooting confederation/united states practical shooting association)...trophys...the shelves of my garage are lined with'em...as i was at one time ranked 2nd in the state for archery and the local club champ tactical shooter...including 3 gun postal matches.

She said he just gazed at them for what seemed to be a few minutes and then asked...

"Are these your fathers?"

Candice replied yes...and she told me that when she did?...he literally ran out of the house and didn't call her back for several days...some gangsta eh?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I somehow missed this thread until now, and I've spent the last 15 minutes reading it. Bill, I admire you for how you've dealt with this and I wish you all the best as your family continues to heal from this. I have a 7 year old daughter, and I'll have another daughter in about two weeks, and your experience has been a good wakeup call for me. I only hope that if I'm faced with the same challenges a few years down the road, I'll be able to handle them as well as you have. Stay strong and know you've got extended family here as well.

Warren

(warbrown @ Feb. 25 2007,10:19) I somehow missed this thread until now, and I've spent the last 15 minutes reading it.  Bill, I admire you for how you've dealt with this and I wish you all the best as your family continues to heal from this.  I have a 7 year old daughter, and I'll have another daughter in about two weeks, and your experience has been a good wakeup call for me.  I only hope that if I'm faced with the same challenges a few years down the road, I'll be able to handle them as well as you have.  Stay strong and know you've got extended family here as well.

Warren
Thanks man....and thank you all as "you've all been here for me"...and unfortunately?...a lot lately....here's praying things get better and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Feb. 25 2007,10:54)
(Poppy @ Feb. 25 2007,04:00) I am not surprised at the chain of events. Too bad for sure. As mentioned, MOST wanna-be thug rappers, who actually think star rappers lead a thug life(Kayne West is a smart businessman, not a gangster), will eventually became a victim of their environment.  
guns.gif

guns.gif
My wife is big into any form of modern christian music and she HATES Kayne West with a passion...why?...he used the christian avenue to "get there"...then once "there"?....transformed himself into the scummiest gangsta wannabee pos out there...for commercial profit...even the real thugs hate'im cause they know he's a phony shidtalker rather than a real lifer type...poor 'lil rich boy gone thug...i bet gods got sumpt'in good and special wait'in for his sorry azz.
laugh.gif
I'm not a Kanye West fan by any stretch... Once he compared himself to Jesus, he lost ANY little bit of respect (which wasn't much anyway) I had for him...

guns.gif

(JINKSTER @ Jan. 27 2007,15:54)
(Poppy @ Jan. 27 2007,10:35) Hey, I feel bad for your girl too! She probably truly believes this guy feels the same for her that she does for him.  
sad.gif
She's proven herself both a liar and a sneak (and a few other things i don't wanna face right now) and my only regret is that this poor chump will be do'in some hard time at an early age and my daughter?....she seems clueless as to what sorta evil powers she is weilding causing serious grief and tragic outcomes in the lives of others....i asked the police to take her away to a juvenile detention center..they wouldn't....then coaxed me by saying...

"ya know Mr. Jinks....the law says you hafta feed, cloth and house your children but....it doesn't hafta be good food....or alot of it....and the clothes don't hafta be designer name brand and a mattress on the floor at the foot of your bed is all the housing that's required...and btw...corporal punishment isn't against the law as long as you don't leave any bruising that lasts more than three days."

and i thought....how nice.....we're allowed to inflict mental and physical abuse but....no corrective and/or effective forms of punishment?
rock.gif

The charge of "Statutory Rape" against this young man is in the hands of the state attourney and out of my wife and i'd control...as in the state of florida?...when it comes to a sub 16 year old female?..there is no such thing as "Concentual Sex"...this poor boy is gonna get hammered for some serious hard time and meanwhile?...my daughter gets what?....well...we could treat her like a dog i guess...but i don't think that'll do a whole lot for her apparent self-esteem issues.

Okay...now i'm both pissed annnnd confused.
sad.gif
Not my business, but I don't think you really want to send your daughter to a juvy detention center... she'll really hate you for that and will never forget it. I spent 9hrs in jail for a bs situation and I hated every second of it. A teenage girl would surely hate it and probably come out even more messed up in the head.

I don't have kids but I'd just suggest that you keep letting her know you love her and let her know that she can always trust you... so she'll tell you the truth about everything from now on.

I hope everything works out.

sad.gif

I was late posting... and saw the updates. I missed seeing this entire thread til tonight.

Hope everythings still going ok. That's total bS that they (state) wouldn't do sh1t about it. Oh, but Manatee Cty Florida felt like they needed to continue with prosecuting me for simply being drunk at a frickin bar and arguing with a cop! I ended up with a fine and court costs for a total of $450! F@ck the law (unless a cop is watching).

Back