Thank god this didn't happen in Chicago etc...

O Holy P

Registered
...where gun laws are so strict you might not have been able to protect yourself or loved ones.

This is awesome and is exactly what should happen to anyone who tries to break into a home or anyplace that isn't theirs uninvited:

Last edited:
A teenager uses dads assault rifle to defend home and sister !
Gee I wonder why I didn't hear that one on CNN :whistle:

Hats off to dad for showing his kid how to properly use a firearm !
I bet the kid is probably a Call of Duty master and one of the ones I always here laughing at me :laugh:

Those Poor Innocent Robbers :laugh:

Don't worry the one he shot will most likely sue his father for allowing an underage teen to violate his civil rights .
Kids too young to possess or use a gun without adult supervision and since dad wasn't home I bet there's already a lawyer at the hospital carding the crook !

Last edited:
I would like to know more about the son's training and access to the weapon(s). I love the outcome, but this could have easily turned out badly. I'm a HUGE gun rights advocate, but I'm also a HUGE gun safety advocate. Having a 15 and 12 year old in the house alone with your AR-15 service rifle...not such a good thing really. Unless perhaps the son was properly and extensively trained and the only one to have a key to the gun. A 12 year old girl should not be permitted casual access to weapons. 15 years old is even borderline.

Like I said, I am thrilled that this turned out as well as it did. But the "what if" scenarios bother me.

No joke right, in a few months you'll hear it pop back up in the news that some moronic lawyer is representing these two clowns suing the father for some bogus reason.

Sad but true. I for one, believe that if your in the act of committing a crime, you have no civil or human rights. If you are knowing commuting the crime, such as home invasion, you forfeit your right to life and liberty.

Moral: Dont do bad things.

I would like to know more about the son's training and access to the weapon(s). I love the outcome, but this could have easily turned out badly. I'm a HUGE gun rights advocate, but I'm also a HUGE gun safety advocate. Having a 15 and 12 year old in the house alone with your AR-15 service rifle...not such a good thing really. Unless perhaps the son was properly and extensively trained and the only one to have a key to the gun. A 12 year old girl should not be permitted casual access to weapons. 15 years old is even borderline.

Like I said, I am thrilled that this turned out as well as it did. But the "what if" scenarios bother me.

As much as I hate to say it I agree with you. My son is 16 and is very accomplished with all my guns including my AR. He also has three guns of his own for hunting. All of our guns are locked up in a safe that he does not know the combination for. It's not him I don't trust it's his judgment when his untrained friends are around. Kids can do really stupid stuff under pier pressure

In Chicago, the kid would be arrested, the sister for accessory and the deputy would lose his job.

Wait for ensuing legal battle to begin. shoulda killed the robber (but then his family would sue)...

Like what has been said above, the moment you commit a crime you voluntarily give up your "civil rights"

Sad but true. I for one, believe that if your in the act of committing a crime, you have no civil or human rights. If you are knowing commuting the crime, such as home invasion, you forfeit your right to life and liberty.

Moral: Dont do bad things.

have to agree with your logic here too!:thumbsup:

Back