Thank God I got...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Clean & Sober a lil over a year ago...then had a program bud pass away suddenly over not taking care of his health..which prompted me to see a doc for the 1st time in like 15 years..which turned into a full blood screening for me...then got a call at work mid afternoon yesterday that the doc just got my blood test results back and that i needed to come in immediately...didnt sound good..and figured if my blood test paralleled how i've been feeling the past few years?..it wouldnt be good...and it wasnt..blood sugar @400 hemoglobyn at 15...diagnosed type II diabetic and whadda pita...glucometers, test strips, metaformin pills and since my insurance co. doesnt cover the convienient "Insulin Pens"?...refridgerated insulin and syringes...the good news?...at least i went 53 years without having to stick myself twice a day..didnt loose my eyesight, my legs or my life like my bud did..R.I.P. Eddy and Thanks. :)

Glad you got checked out. Type II can usually be controlled fairly easily with proper diet and some meds. If your over weight try to drop some lbs and it may go away in its own.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Glad you went to the doctor and found out what is wrong. Now you can control what's been ailing you. I'm really happy you have been clean and sober for a year.....kudos :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the year of sobriety!!!!! Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. You follow the docs instructions and take care of yourself and hopefully in a few months you will be down to controlling your diabetes with just diet and exercise. Good luck!!!!

Congrats on your 1 year! Sobriety is full of blessings and miracles. Good luck on your journey. Sorry about your friend.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your year clean and sober.
Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad it prompted you to go to your doctor, and caught it before it did any damage.
I've got type II diabetes and was not diagnosed until my feet were so bad I couldn't sleep properly because of the pain.
Now my feet are numb all the time because the nerve endings are gone.
I even put a post on here about riding a Busa with numb feet before I got the bike, luckly I can ride ok.
I'm trying to loose weight and hope the diabetes might go.
I don't have to inject just take the tablets.
Anyway so glad to hear from you on here, and good luck and best wishes to you and your family in the future. Dave

Congrats on your year of sobriety, keep it up :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear about your friend, R.I.P. Eddy
Atleast you got yourself a wake-up call, follow-up on the Dr visits.
Im glad that you still here with us, take care of yourself.

wow jinks...thank god something prompted you to check it!!

wow jinks...thank god something prompted you to check it!!

yeah right?...LOL..truth is i didnt want to go until i had at least a year clean & sober cause i figured if my diseased beast within me got ahold of any devestating health issues?..before i had some spirtual growth and strength?..it might just send me back out on the pain train to deadland..so?..i waited a year..and glad i did...but i knew sumpt'in was bad wrong awhile ago when i coud see a gnat land on my archery target at 20 yards but couldnt read a book without the hubble telescope..also?..i was waking 3-10 times a night (pending how much sugar i ingested) to pee with my mouth so dry my tougue would be stuck to the roof and i kept a huge mug of ice water on the back of the toilet so i could drink it in one end while i was letting it out the other and towards the end there?..(just so ya'll know in case there's anyone out there suffering the same symptoms?)..my pi$$ started smell'in just like raw gun powder...overwhelming...burn yer eyes...singe yer nostral hairs...GUN POWDER...was actually kinda trippy..or should i say.."That's" what really got me shid scared..along with Eddy dying in like 2 days...dude just started profuse vomiting and drove himself to the hospitol on a friday night...saturday he slipped into a diabetic coma...sunday morning he was pronounced dead..and i was at the beach with himm the weekend before and he seemed just fine.."THAT"..was yet another wake-up call for me. :O

Yo Jinks! Man o man, brother! Some of that stuff sounds way too familiar, sure got me to thinking about what the heck keeps me from finding out what I may not want to. Good on you for taking the steps you have and hope you continue to find much success in the process. Hearts are with you my friend.

Back