tgius weekend i chaned front pads and tire...?

teddypenn

Registered
This was the 1st time I've taken off the front wheel myself. Took it to cycle gear and got a new tire put on. Looked at the front pads and decided to replace them as well. Now when the bike is up on stands its hard to get the front wheel to spinn freely. I've done the brakes myself before but this is the first for me with the wheel off the ground. Is the friction from the new pads till they are seated or should I worry about something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

This was the 1st time I've taken off the front wheel myself. Took it to cycle gear and got a new tire put on. Looked at the front pads and decided to replace them as well. Now when the bike is up on stands its hard to get the front wheel to spinn freely. I've done the brakes myself before but this is the first for me with the wheel off the ground. Is the friction from the new pads till they are seated or should I worry about something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you overtighten the wheel in? I know when Shawn and I did my wheel it did not spin as freely, ew loosened it, played with it, and retightened it then it spun freely

Front axle is torque to 72.5 pds so I'm thinking its just drag from the disks until I break em in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Loosen up the caliper bolts...then just snug them down a bit more than hand tight. Rotate the wheel and lightly pump the front brake lever...do this for a few rotations 10-15 pumps should be good. This centers the pads and calipers...then retorque the calipers 28 ft lbs I believe...the wheel needs to be off the ground on a stand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back