Text from a random number, what do you do?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Well,,what do you do?

Last year I got a lot of texts and calls that weren't meant for me. At first, I simply said "wrong number" as most people would. After a few times of that, I decided I wanted to have some fun.
Now, I'm careful not to be rude, mean, threaten or anything like that, I'm not tryin to cause problems, just have a lil fun. I figure, you shouldn't text the wrong number in the first place, and if ya do and they have a lil fun with ya, you'll pay more attention next time.
A buddy of mine is well aware of my tendency to do this and he is out of town. He made the mistake of telling me where he was goin before he had his friend text me something random, so the area code.of his friends phone gave him away.
We'll see how far this goes :laugh:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I notify that the person called/txt'd the wrong number. If they persist, I create a phony online ad listing their number giving away a free washer and dryer. They will suddenly be extremely busy with wrong numbers :laugh: They somehow get more careful with whom they bother, and always stop bothering me after that. To be fair, I kill the ad after a few hours.

mikbusa said:
I notify that the person called/txt'd the wrong number. If they persist, I create a phony online ad listing their number giving away a free washer and dryer. They will suddenly be extremely busy with wrong numbers :laugh: They somehow get more careful with whom they bother, and always stop bothering me after that. To be fair, I kill the ad after a few hours.

:rofl:
GENIUS!

mikbusa said:

:rofl:
Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!!

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

if you have sprint you can block the numbers pretty easily from your phone and they just disappear. I do like the ad approach just wouldnt want to get caught doing it :laugh:

just tell them that you <3 turtle soup, they'll leave you alone :rofl:

I'm always afraid to reply 'stop' to the ones I get. Is there a machine on the other end that will take even my stop response as a response and then open the flood gates or will it actually stop future texts?

Blanca Boo said:
I'm always afraid to reply 'stop' to the ones I get. Is there a machine on the other end that will take even my stop response as a response and then open the flood gates or will it actually stop future texts?

I only do the ones that seem like real people, last nights was " Hey hun, my phone died, using ashleys phone, but we're gonna be at the bar at 11, u still gonna come?"
I replied yes asked which bar it was again :laugh:

I will usually mess with them, carry on the conversation, if they think I am a female I will tell em I am pregnant. or if they think I am male I will say I joined the Army etc. whatever comes to mind at the time see how long I can keep em going, If I am with a friend I will have them join in by texting the number also

1st Fastfrog has a friend out side of the .ORG? I didn't think I missed that much not logging in today.:laugh:

2nd some high schooler's random texted the "i'm done, where do I hide the body" to a police detective of all random numbers to punch in. :banghead:

3rd if you use the I love turtle soup you may have b-dub_sr showing up at your front door. :rofl:

4th a good one to reply back with is "the test came back positive, and it still red, swollen and itchy." :whistle:

look up jahovas whitness and give them the number or i used to have an app on my phone where you could type in a number and what time to call and they would be bombarded with solicitors but i cant find it anymore

i get these kinda txts all the time and i always fun with them. it doesnt make sense to me why and how pple txt the wrong person. dont pple have numbers saved in their contacts???? SMFH

The best one i got was one where a guy txt he's girl and told her he was involved in a hit and run. worried since he had been drinking he didnt wanna go home. so he asked he's girl what to do next. I txt him back and gave him an address. Gave him directions to an exact parking spot lol and told him to stay put till I got there. Well, that address just happened to be the local PD address :laugh:

lil charlie said:
. I would have tons of fun with that. Make sure you post the conversations for us :rofl:

I get banned for sure, I did share a few at the Bash, I think people look at me differently now...

Back