TexasFairing undertail

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Well board, after all my searching on undertails, I'm leaning towards TexasFairings Gunsport. Anyone familiar with these or have install pics to share. http://www.texasfairing.com/hayabusa.htm. I'm not against a topgun either with clear led brake and clear led turns. Give me your opinions, ready to make the buy? Once again, the install will be on an 03 anniversary copper/orange

I have never dealt with them, but have read some negative comments about the company. Here's one in particular: http://www.sportbikeguy.com/issues/texasfairing.html I think the undertail is very similar to the TG, but it appears more expensive and that's not including any clear lenses. Guess I would still go with the TG undertail from Sylvio.

Ouch, Thanks BigBSBusa, that's not to encouraging. I'll give it a day and see if anyone posts anything positive about the product. I like the topgun, was just looking for something a little different than everybody else since the topgun seems to be the standard for the busa. I appreciate the info.

I have that undertail sitting in the shop right now........don't wanna put it on cuz I'm not sure I like it.
From the side view it looks weird...all you can see at the back side view is that big half round opening where the tail light was.
Top Gun looks nicer imho

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083042940 -->

I agree with Monster a guy i know around here has one and i took a clost looks at if with the bike slammed it made no real diffrence on looks but when he had it at stock height it just didn't look very well i like mine it;s one like kinda like the stock light but alot diffrent wish i had pics but bike still at the painters ugg
mad.gif

Agreed.. I'm also partial to the TopGun. but it's a matter of personal opinion, I suppose. Get what you like.

i have the top gun from extreme graphic, and it looks way better then the texas fairing that my brother installed on his busa. it is also about a hundred dollars cheaper and fits a lot better and is a lot easier to install. iam so glad he bought an undertail first
biggrin.gif
oh and just in my opinion i wouldnt buy from silvio again.

I would avoid Texas Fairing... From What I have heard from multiple sources on the web they are extremely unreliable and in several cases just flat out did not deliver the promised goods. No personal experiance but out of all the undertails I have seen, the TOP GUn Undertail is the Cat's Ass... Good fit and finish and when properly installed looks nearly factory. you will want to upgrade the LEDs but otherwise it is about the only undertail besides the Freestyle (Stock Light) undertail that does anything more than Ass up a perfectly good bike... IMO.

Personal experience...I ordered an enclosure and that things that swaps your brake lights around...Uhhh can't think of what it's called for the life of me...Oh yeah the integrator kit...Anyway I got the enclosure but never ever received the intergrator...Had to turn them in to my credit card company...So it would be my advise not to freak with them...
evil.gif

Rev you may get a kick outta my tail light then to bad i don't have any pics yet
sad.gif
I may get one if i visit the painter this weekend

Hey Board, Thank you all for your response and input. Per your suggestions I will nix Texas-Fairings and probably go with the TopGun. Hey Revlis, when you say upgrade the LED's, what do you mean, and where do I get. I only want to mess with this install once, so any info would be helpful.

There are a couple upgrades to the LEDs that you can get. First, you can get clear lenses (if you have clear front lenses). Or you can get with Icemann for some extremely bright, but clear lenses. I'm pretty sure that's what Rev is talking about.

How do you like this one from Eurobikes.com?
rock.gif
Kinda cool and different in my book...

Brian

Well, I took the lists advise and ordered the topgun today, they said 7-10 days for delivery, so I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for your help!

As the list suggested I called AlliedBarter, $249 painted, $179 hugger painted, and since I purchased both, they're picking up shipping. Sylvio wasn't in, so I don't remember who I talked to, but he was very nice. Now I just wait and see.

Just a recommendation for you, keep bothering Sylvio. I'm not sure what is going on, but this isn't his main gig and he has been a little slow (IMO) lately. I'm sure there is a reason, but make sure you are the squeaky wheel! My $.02.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Whoever I talked to said the order would be sent out and I would recieve it straight from the manufacturer. The reason I know this is I asked what the process was if I recieved them and wasn't pleased with paint or something. He told me any problem, just retun them, and that I would be recieving them direct from the manufacturer...........So, who know's

i wouldnt expect it for about three weeks. i ordered my hugger and it took forever. and the other parts i ordered i never got and was never charged thank god!!! u will love the undertail and hugger. best i have seen!!

Back