Texas Riders......voice your opinions with your Senators

I read it to say the driver had to have a license for two years OR the passenger had to have one too. Seems reasonable to me.

It actually says "or".

Now I'm gonna go ride my high performance death machine.

ah,...true. In my frustration, even after reading it over several times....I missed the "or"

What I dont like is the singling out of "sport bikes" by definition.

ah,...true. In my frustration, even after reading it over several times....I missed the "or"

What I dont like is the singling out of "sport bikes" by definition.

True, I did not catch that part. They should legislate all motorcycles alike. I did not catch where it was just "sport bikes". Singling us out is wrong. Passengers get hurt on other motorcycles just as much

In florida I do not believe you are allowed to carry a passenger for a certain amount of time.

NZ and Australia have similar laws: no passengers on your bike until you have an unrestricted license, and the same goes for cars (with a couple of exceptions). I couldn't take passengers or drive between 10.00PM and 6.00AM.

The bill would define a sports bike as a motorcycle:
that was optimized for speed, acceleration, braking, and maneuverability on paved roads;
that had a lightweight frame;

on which an operator leaned forward over the gas tank during operation; and
that was not a touring, cruising, standard, or dual-sport motorcycle.

I guess those Harley owners don't have much to worry about, eh? :rofl:

NZ and Australia have similar laws: no passengers on your bike until you have an unrestricted license, and the same goes for cars (with a couple of exceptions). I couldn't take passengers or drive between 10.00PM and 6.00AM.

Apparrantly there is no passenger law in Florida. Everything I find says no age restriction. Maybe it changed but I could've sworn there was one ???

the way i read it is that in order to carry a passenger on your sport bike, you must have had a motorcycle endorsment for atleast 2 years (this makes sure that you fully understand your bike, and the consideration of other traffic since you are ultimatly responsible for your passenger) and that you can't have a passenger if you dont have the proper foot pegs and such. why would you want a passenger w/o pegs anyway? the only thing possibly wrong is the fact that it is aimed solely at sportbikes, not all bikes in general. other than that, i really don't see anything wrong with it. maybe they can be petitioned to change the way its wrote to include all motorcycles.

the way i read it is that in order to carry a passenger on your sport bike, you must have had a motorcycle endorsment for atleast 2 years (this makes sure that you fully understand your bike, and the consideration of other traffic since you are ultimatly responsible for your passenger) and that you can't have a passenger if you dont have the proper foot pegs and such. why would you want a passenger w/o pegs anyway? the only thing possibly wrong is the fact that it is aimed solely at sportbikes, not all bikes in general. other than that, i really don't see anything wrong with it. maybe they can be petitioned to change the way its wrote to include all motorcycles.

true..just the "sport bike" part is troubling.

The pegs are redundant law. Hand holds?...the grab bar should pass on a Busa. What do other bikes have for passanger?

Back