Texas mile

tricktom1

Registered
The Texas Mile to Expand in 2011
November 10, 2010 (Pearland, Texas) - Jay and Shannon Matus, the creators and owners of The Texas Mile, in conjunction with their faithful staff, are pleased to announce expansion efforts of The Texas Mile for 2011. The Matus's have transferred their roles as the Regional Director's for the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Texas to concentrate on the Texas Mile and additional business ventures. The Texas Mile has become a widely popular land speed event over the past seven years and customers and fans have been requesting more events.

To gauge interest and to ensure continued growth, we ask that you please participate in this survey: Texas Mile Survey

The Texas Mile to Expand in 2011
November 10, 2010 (Pearland, Texas) - Jay and Shannon Matus, the creators and owners of The Texas Mile, in conjunction with their faithful staff, are pleased to announce expansion efforts of The Texas Mile for 2011. The Matus's have transferred their roles as the Regional Director's for the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Texas to concentrate on the Texas Mile and additional business ventures. The Texas Mile has become a widely popular land speed event over the past seven years and customers and fans have been requesting more events.

To gauge interest and to ensure continued growth, we ask that you please participate in this survey: Texas Mile Survey

already done the survey! three events a year would be cool if there is enough interest, with my job its hard for me to land a trip to the mile not knowing if i will be working or not, so i would be more likely able to make one if there were 3 events a year instead of just 2. :thumbsup:

Jay and Shannon are good peeps. Jay won 1st place in GTS-2 this year at our National Championships in his 911.

I look forward to more Mile events. More opportunity to witness some unbelievable feats.

I wish the texas mile would become a LSR sanctioned event. My other wish list item would be say a February event vs. a November event. It would be a great way to kickoff the LSR season vs. ending a season. Just my thoughts.

they should've added a question to ask how long have you known of the texas mile; cause I'll like to think am not the only one interested that has only recently been keeping an eye on it, or the sport.(3 years ago if you asked me what lsr or texas mile was you would've got ??? )

I've been following the Texas mile since inception. I still haven't gone one of the reasons is because of the distance.
they should've added a question to ask how long have you known of the texas mile; cause I'll like to think am not the only one interested that has only recently been keeping an eye on it, or the sport.(3 years ago if you asked me what lsr or texas mile was you would've got ??? )

JohnnyCheese was the first bike down the Texas Mile.

I was second.

Boy have we come a long way since then!

I dunno if I was 3rd bike or not but seeing how there were only 6? bikes, i damnsure was in the top 6!!!!! :rofl:

from notes:
25-Oct-03 really fighting SE head/side wind, difficult to keep going straight 194.29
25-Oct-03 wind A/A; minor bubbles in overflow bottle 193.76
25-Oct-03 wind A/A; minor bubbles in overflow bottle 194.34
25-Oct-03 straight head wind; lots of bubbling in overflow tank; uh-oh… headgasket, NO MORE RUNS 188.82

Last edited:
Back