Texas Mile Results...

SpeedFiend

Registered
A rather disappointing 182.9 mph. I couldn't even get into 6th gear! Anyone have any ideas what may be going on? This run was with a very slight headwind. A guy with a similar setup was running 185+ pretty consistent with granny launches, and I was running ~10mph faster than him at the half mile mark. I was warned that hard launches might cause clutch slipping on the big end. Does that seem to be the case?

[video=youtube_share;W8CyZPqbSeU]http://youtu.be/W8CyZPqbSeU?t=1m30s[/video]

Stock front sprocket, 41 tooth in the rear, U4.4 fuel, Brock's Alienhead, running at 13.2 a/f, ~193 hp on a conservative dyno.

What does your tuck look like? Aero is key at those speeds!

Also, how much of a headwind? 10mph headwind is HUGE and can cost you BIG TIME!

How are you shifting? It sounds like you are holding wide open throttle and then pulling the clutch lever to shift? If so, that is a BIG NO NO!

Try not to get discouraged, it is after all your first time out! :thumbsup:

If it were easy to go 200mph, everyone would be doing it... :laugh:

You went faster than 99% of everyone on your first time out and you did it safely. Congrats on the runs, sorry I didn't make it out... :beerchug:

This was the 183 run, and the headwinds were <5mph. My chin was on the tank, and my knees, elbows, and heels were all pulled in. You can see it was about topped out at the top of 5th.

I do like no lift shifts pulling the clutch in 1/3. Always seemed to work well at the drag strip, but might be getting the clutches too hot here with the extra shifts? I wanted to do some clutch work but didn't have time. Maybe switch to blip shifts? Like I said, I was killing a similar bike in the first half, but bogging down on the tall end. Makes me think something is preventing power from getting to the pavement.

So you were doing 183 in 5th gear!? I think you were in 6th because for a gen 1 thats about toped out what sprockets setup did you use your sig say stock front and 41 rear which is headed the wrong way for top speed .

So you were doing 183 in 5th gear!? I think you were in 6th because for a gen 1 thats about toped out what sprockets setup did you use your sig say stock front and 41 rear which is headed the wrong way for top speed .

He is going in the correct direction with gearing just due to the fact its a gen 2 by looking at the gauge cluster. 18/43 is stock gearing on a gen 2. A stock gen 2 with do over 185 mph with a flashed ecu with raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpms in 5th gear.

I might be wrong, so let me know if I am.
I thought with a quick shifter you still have to use your foot to upgear, but you don't have to hit the cluch with your hand.
and with an air shifter you can use a button or auto-shift option thru ECU, Box, or shift light. I have both of these systems but I have not had a chance to try them out as of yet, to see which one I like more.

The bike might have ran faster at 18/43 v. 18/41. How much do you weigh ?, and a head wind is a killer. I didn't see or hear any clutch slipping. Bike seemed to be struggling up top, probably because of the taller gearing. My experience with taller gearing is you better be bringing more ponies.

Opps I thought I saw he had a 06 !

I might be wrong, so let me know if I am.
I thought with a quick shifter you still have to use your foot to upgear, but you don't have to hit the cluch with your hand.
and with an air shifter you can use a button or auto-shift option thru ECU, Box, or shift light. I have both of these systems but I have not had a chance to try them out as of yet, to see which one I like more.

That's how I understand it, yes.

The bike might have ran faster at 18/43 v. 18/41. How much do you weigh ?, and a head wind is a killer. I didn't see or hear any clutch slipping. Bike seemed to be struggling up top, probably because of the taller gearing. My experience with taller gearing is you better be bringing more ponies.

I weigh ~190. The headwind was <5mph. The day before it was alot worse, and I was maxed out at 173. The stock gearing probably would have helped get a couple more mph out, but I brought 15 more ponies over my street tune thinking I would at least be in the 195+mph range. It's acting like max speed is ~190, but I should be well past that judging by what others have seen with these power levels.

Birmingham, Alabama

That's closer to Beeville than me :poke:

There's also the Ohio mile which I think is the closest one to you.

Back