Texas Mile Results...

That's how I understand it, yes.

I weigh ~190. The headwind was <5mph. The day before it was alot worse, and I was maxed out at 173. The stock gearing probably would have helped get a couple more mph out, but I brought 15 more ponies over my street tune thinking I would at least be in the 195+mph range. It's acting like max speed is ~190, but I should be well past that judging by what others have seen with these power levels.

That's closer to Beeville than me :poke:

There's also the Ohio mile which I think is the closest one to you.

Wow, if thats the closest, man.

Hmm, I should sponsor one here. I wonder how I could make that happen

This was the 183 run, and the headwinds were <5mph. My chin was on the tank, and my knees, elbows, and heels were all pulled in. You can see it was about topped out at the top of 5th.

I do like no lift shifts pulling the clutch in 1/3. Always seemed to work well at the drag strip, but might be getting the clutches too hot here with the extra shifts? I wanted to do some clutch work but didn't have time. Maybe switch to blip shifts? Like I said, I was killing a similar bike in the first half, but bogging down on the tall end. Makes me think something is preventing power from getting to the pavement.

The tuck is the most important thing at that level with a stock engine N/A bike.

Have a look through the videos and see if any one of your runs are posted:
Texas Mile October 2013 00109 - YouTube[/url]

Look close, some of those guys are giving up 5-10mph+ just because the helmet is above the windscreen and shoulders out...

That's how I understand it, yes.

I weigh ~190. The headwind was <5mph. The day before it was alot worse, and I was maxed out at 173. The stock gearing probably would have helped get a couple more mph out, but I brought 15 more ponies over my street tune thinking I would at least be in the 195+mph range. It's acting like max speed is ~190, but I should be well past that judging by what others have seen with these power levels.

That's closer to Beeville than me :poke:

There's also the Ohio mile which I think is the closest one to you.

If weather conditions aren't right, then stock gearing may have been a better choice. You should be 190-197mph with stock gearing with no wind.

If you have the power, tuck, and condtions.....18/41 is the combo for 200+! Sounds like weather conditions weren't going to allow it at that event without another 20whp+... :(

The ECU kills the engine very briefly when it gets a shift signal. Lets you change gears without clutching.

I would look into a quick shifter or even air shifter. I ran the Bazzaz quick shifter setup when I went 204mph.

If you don't want one, you've got to work on your blip shifting. I've seen anywhere from 2-5mph gain in the 1/4-mile, you can imagine the difference of drive down course in a full MILE! ;)

Don't be discouraged, you went out and did GREAT for your first time. :thumbsup:

Many are stuck in the 170's so at least you went 183mph! It's all a learning process and small things add up.

The Houston Mile is coming up soon, I'd recommend that for your next event and I'll be there to help also... :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a gen 1 with 18/39 gears......and a few more ponies.

[video=youtube_share;qOLXiFhNYiQ]http://youtu.be/qOLXiFhNYiQ[/video]

Back