Texas Mile Fall 2019

Dracken

Registered
Going to the 2019 Texas Mile this October, any fellow forum members going as well? It'll be my 1st time at the Texas event, being from Colorado went to all of them here until they cancelled this years :(

My brother-in-law and sister are going as well, his BMW S1000RR is down, so he's torn between taking his Mustang or his Harley :confused:

I would like to go check that out one day. After watching videos of it I see that they don’t have much room to shut down. Looks like one mistake after the run and you’ll end up in the dirt!

I would like to go check that out one day. After watching videos of it I see that they don’t have much room to shut down. Looks like one mistake after the run and you’ll end up in the dirt!
You most likely are watching videos of Goliad Texas event. I heard moved to a longer course in Victoria if memory serves me correctly.

I don’t think you can buy a ticket yet for Texas. But I think Arkansas is open now. I don’t think that sells out. Iam kinda waiting on my turbo bike to see if that’s going to be done by the time of the event. I like to have a back up bike Incase something happens.

I may come down , and watch you two . Let me know if you guys sign up for it . Only live 90 miles from there

Been trying to decide if I want to take Lucy. If I am, I’m have to stop tweaking now or she’ll be down before the event.

I did just gear her for 235mph... Won’t have the power to pull it, but I think 210 is a reasonable goal.

I will see you there. I'm #1775. Last October was my first time out and I ran my Gen 1 almost completey stock besides my exhaust. Gearing, motor, swingarm, clutch, suspension, was all stock w/no air shifter. I ran 180.3. at the mile. It's not great and nor what I expected but for my first time racing there were alot of learning points. This year I'm coming back with the same bike but RCC Stage One Turbo. I can't decide what size sprockets to use in the front and rear. There's so many different points of information on here and its leaving me indecisive. I'm probably end up doing a 19t in the front and will bring 3 different rear sprockets. 37t, 38t, and 39t and see which one best fits the application. I'm open to suggestions.

You most likely are watching videos of Goliad Texas event. I heard moved to a longer course in Victoria if memory serves me correctly.
At the Victoria track you have a 1/2 mile to slow down and make the turn. Since its the airport the turn is wide and long and you could probably make the turn doing 100mph. Wouldn't suggest doing that though. Plenty of enough time for most bikes to slow down.

Back