Texas Mile 2022?

Anyone planning on attending now that they are back on the old Beeville runway?
It’s no Victoria but slightly better than the last few years. First event is March 25-27… :thumbsup:

Otherwise, seems Arkansas is still the place to run BIG numbers with the ECTA.
The Arkansas event is only 8hrs away from me, but after reading the first couple pages of the ECTA rules...nope.
I definitely want to use my whole speedometer without risking jail time, but I have a lot of crap to buy (and install) before I could attend...tethered engine cutoff, fuel cutoff, safety wire everything, metal chainguard, metal battery holder, metal or clear fuel lines, leathers, and Snell rated helmet just from a quick glance.

I imagine it's shares a lot of the same requirements as track events, but I don't have the time or money to consistently attend either.

The Arkansas event is only 8hrs away from me, but after reading the first couple pages of the ECTA rules...nope.
I definitely want to use my whole speedometer without risking jail time, but I have a lot of crap to buy (and install) before I could attend...tethered engine cutoff, fuel cutoff, safety wire everything, metal chainguard, metal battery holder, metal or clear fuel lines, leathers, and Snell rated helmet just from a quick glance.

It’s actually very easy and cheap. You don’t have to do a lot of that stuff if you’re racing a Busa. Tether cutoff is cheap: MPS Tether Kill Fuel cutoff is automatic on a Busa because of the tip over sensor. Safety wire front axle pinch bolts, oil plug and filter. Metal LSR chain guard from Tiger Racing: Tiger Racing: Motorcycle Performance Parts, Sport Bike. Metal battery strap can be made from a small piece of aluminum from Lowes/Home Depot in about 15 minutes. OEM fuel lines meet the requirement and a current Snell helmet can be had for not to much ($150). If you need help or have questions don’t be afraid to reach out or ask. We’ll get you setup if you’re interested. :thumbsup:

Wind conditions weren’t great but I ended up fastest motorcycle of the weekend! :beerchug:

70723239-E9BB-4291-9BF3-FD7575ED0134.jpeg

7BA959F0-E484-4416-A4A5-599CAE1AB9ED.jpeg

302EC3CA-A953-4354-9738-CBBDACC7ABCB.jpeg

8B353FDC-5C64-43DD-9743-58AE22F87AA6.jpeg

E942C04B-E045-4DCB-98CB-1ADCE98D558D.jpeg

Back