Texas House Bill 2470 dies in committee

bjewell

Registered
(From Mi3ninos on another Board)

The Texas Senate committee on Transportation and Homeland Security killed off HB2470 singling out "Sportbikes" to carry only licensed riders (passengers) and other nonsense. I'm personally for safety in motorcycling but this one got weird.
The US Defenders and the Coalition of Independent Riders in Texas are to be commended for the multiple call-to-actions that produced, through letters, emails, phone calls, face to face, committee testimony, and general support, enough pressure on our legislators that the bill is now dead.

:thumbsup: Now lets hope they don't see the youtube videos that were posted over Memorial Day weekend and give life back to that deceased bill.

Well I'm for safety, but I had to write in on this bill. This was flat out a ridiculous bill from how it started. If you read the actual bill.. For starters it SINGLED out sports bikes with a catch all description all sports bikes, sport cruisers, and even choppers where you had to lean forward "covering the tank"... In other words the wording sucked. Next if my passenger had her (or his) own license, wth would they want to be on the back of my bike instead of their own bike.. lmao.. I remember putting together a pretty long "OMG you guys are idiots" letter to my rep. So glad it's dead!!!!

It WASN'T the government, it was riders -- 95 percent Harley riders who stood up and called this out. Otherwise, it would have passed for sure.

You guys need to get a clue and start organizing or sports bikes will be off the streets right pronto...

It WASN'T the government, it was riders -- 95 percent Harley riders who stood up and called this out. Otherwise, it would have passed for sure.

You guys need to get a clue and start organizing or sports bikes will be off the streets right pronto...

Yeah ok... Sure...

i didnt hear about this one, but first thought that comes to mind is.. if they require motorcycle passengers to hold motorcycle endorsements, why shouldn't vehicle passengers be required to hold a valid driver's license also?
fair is fair..

I think the idiot politicians have bigger things to worry about like the economy and jobs.They tried a CI displacement tax here but it didnt go thru as well.

Back