Texas Fertilizer Factory

Still watching it live now. They are worried second tank may blow.
Hopefully it's an accident and not intentionally connected to any of the other stuff going on right now.

The mushroom cloud that blast caused was enormous.. Reminds one of a A Bomb. If anything else pops off in the next few days, we'll know what is happening.

This would not be the first time that a fertilizer plant caught on fire.. Most of the time its set a perimeter and let it burn out, the danger is unreal with anhydrous ammonia...

I had a couple of situations back on the Fire Dept where tanks were about to BLEVE... Youtube BLEVE and the energy is incredible..

Here is a video explaining what a BLEVE is... This is a small tank, imagine a large 35,000 gallon tank that starts the explosion and rips through the rest of the containers...

Last edited:
THat was cool. I'd like to line my property with some of those.
Any Zombies come close and its pew pew pew and then boom boom boom. :)

Here is a video explaining what a BLEVE is... This is a small tank, imagine a large 35,000 gallon tank that starts the explosion and rips through the rest of the containers...

That's impressive!

The scenes of the efforts going on kinda reminds me of the movie 'The Crazies'

There are alot of people hurt and most likely many dead.
Prayers for all....

Didnt feel it here. My brother lives about 15 miles north of me and this place is about 35 miles north of me. He lost electricity and could see the glow.

prayers for all involved.

Wow that looked like a Fuel Air Explosive Bomb going off (a weapon using the BLEVE principle)....

Back