Texas decides to rewrite US History

Goatkart

Registered
Seriously...

I just... I'm almost speechless...

a quote from the article.....

... Thomas Jefferson no longer included among writers influencing the nation’s intellectual origins. Jefferson, a deist who helped pioneer the legal theory of the separation of church and state, is not a model founder in the board’s judgment. Among the intellectual forerunners to be highlighted in Jefferson’s place: medieval Catholic philosopher St. Thomas Aquinas, Puritan theologian John Calvin and conservative British law scholar William Blackstone. Heavy emphasis is also to be placed on the founding fathers having been guided by strict Christian beliefs.

I don't understand.. What is wrong with your people??

U.S. history textbooks could soon be flavored heavily with Texas conservatism - Yahoo! News

I assume not all Texans are this way.... I've encountered nice and intellegent ones before... They always seemed pleseant..

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I heard that over the back of my shoulder in the office today.
I thought it was the libs who wanted Jeff out and Texas was trying to save history ?
Your saying its Texas whos taking him out ?

We should give Texas to Mexico be only 1 state less who do we need to petition to re-write that:whistle: :laugh:

Yes i was reading about how they are one of if not the largest buyer so can pretty much ask for what they want written.
Also something about the company who makes the books is based in TX ? I think ?

Yes i was reading about how they are one of if not the largest buyer so can pretty much ask for what they want written.
Also something about the company who makes the books is based in TX ? I think ?

can't say for sure on the book maker location... i know a fair number of them ARE, just based on the text books i have used over the years..

but if thats the specific case here, i couldnt guess...

Dont miss Chuck single handedly disable the drug cartel network in Mexico.
In thanks Mexico permanently renames the city...

"Chuckoon" all new Spring Break hot spot !....

:rofl:

If the state or the Texas Board of Education had any intelligence they would delay the rewrite. Then they could hire several historians of differing ethnic backgrounds and from (or residing) in different parts of the country to take a year or so to dig into the actualities of the history in question and come up with a more concrete and fact based "ruling" with regard to the change(s).

This crap about a handful of people making sweeping changes in any facet of life has to stop... especially when they are letting beliefs cloud their judgement and quite possibly the facts.

I always thought that school was where kids went to learn about all sorts of things, and were taught to sift through all that they studied and make informed decisions. No wonder our public school system is a joke.
While social conservatism has an important place in our society, we do our children a disservice by pretending that is the only school of thought. Creationism should be taught alongside the theory of human evolution, all religions should be discussed, our nation's history should be taught as it was, even the ugly parts (especially the ugly parts, that way future generations might not have to repeat them...), capitalism and communism should be taught, heroes and villains should be called what they are. Sad to see a few individuals being so narrow minded as to want to exclude knowledge from our youth.
Academia is liberally skewed in its upper echelons (college and onward) no doubt, but K-12 should be the time where all points of view are discussed, without bias, so that kids grow up knowing there are others that think differently in the world. Makes for better adults.

Back