Test your tire knowledge?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
What are the advantages (If any) of using a 190/55/17 over the OEM 190/50/17?

:beerchug:

1. Taller profile will fall in quicker.
2. Taller profile will result in the same final gear ratio with a larger rear sprocket, which will move the tire forward shortening the wheelbase and allowing the bike to fall in quicker.
3. Larger contact patch when layed over.

I'm sure I've missed some.

1. Taller profile will fall in quicker.
2. Taller profile will result in the same final gear ratio with a larger rear sprocket, which will move the tire forward shortening the wheelbase and allowing the bike to fall in quicker.
3. Larger contact patch when layed over.

I'm sure I've missed some.

Tip in Quicker:poke:

Will raise the rear end up.

None for me, that is what I had on when I low sided, went back to 190/50:whistle:

It is .4 or .7 inches on the BT016.
1 difference in the BT016's is:
the 55's have 1/32 less tread than the 50"s.
Less mileage with the same rider.

BT016.jpg

Last edited:
I have the actual profiles (cutouts that BS distributes) of the 50 and 55 BT003RS and brother it is awful small difference...

I am going to register a wild guess that 99% of us would never know if we were on the 50 or the 55 the difference it is so small...

I buy the 55 cause of what I am told, not what I feel :beerchug:

Last edited:
There has been so much debate over tires, it surprises me to see so few actually interested in what advantages (If any) are gained or lost by their choice between the 50 & 55 series tires?

:dunno:

According to my abacus and how my memory development in spatial orientation is enabled, you are off by a decimal by virtue of its precepts. Give or take,, ???
he is off by almost 50%, but back to 1st q?

Last edited:
The much higher price for an extra few ounces of rubber helps stimulate the economy?

cheers
ken

Back