Test Rides?

jdevans85

Registered
Hello I'm new to the forum and the busa in general. I just recently sold my modded 06 rocket 3 (torque monster) for something a little more sportier. So I've narrowed it down to a HD night rod special and a Busa, I really want the busa but haven't rode sport bikes for a few years and I'm just worried about comfort and long rides because I'm 6'4 and 250lbs, but I'm very muscular and bulky.

So my question is are there any dealerships that offer test rides on busas? I know a lot of dealerships do not for insurance reasons among many others. I'm in the northern Oklahoma area if that helps, lol.

I have completed the MSF courses and many years riding experience, but I doubt the dealer would care.:laugh:

Just curious may just have to go ahead and buy one b/c I'm not enjoying not having a motorcycle.

Thank You

:welcome: to the org. i got to test ride my b-King before i bought it, i think some will and some wont not sure.

Its unfortunate in my experience dealers don't often offer test rides, if ever its usually atached some big kawi or Zuk special. I know Yamaha does a number of event around thier star serious cruisers.

Sometimes on used bikes, but rarely have I seen test rides for new bikes. Lots of big guys riding Busas though. Welcome! :welcome:

Around here they keep the new bikes dry (no fuel, battery, etc) until they are purchased, so not rides. They will let you test ride used bikes if you are legal.

Dont know of any around here. Where in OK are you? Check Bartlesville Cycle Sports and see what they will do. Welcome to the oRg! Shoot Demmym a PM to get your name added to the Oklahoma list. :beerchug:

HD has had a promo going on...not sure if it still is...where you can test ride any of their models. I went in and took a V-Rod Muscle for a spin - just because I could. It was on OK bike, but I wouldn't trade by 'o7 Busa for it, even up. But then again, I'm only 6'0" and 215. I also have a Honda VTX if I just want to cruise. My opinion: HD's are all much better bikes than they were 10-15 years ago, but I simply cannot fathom how they command the prices they sell for. There are many, many bikes that are just as good (if not better) that can be had for 1/3 of the price.

My 2 cents,

CW

thanks for all the great replies, i'll give Bartlesville Cycle Sports a call on Monday and see if they can do anything for me, I'm not that far from them at all. Hopefully I can find one to test drive somewhere, I'm thinking I may just have to go ahead and buy one though, lol.

thanks for all the great replies, i'll give Bartlesville Cycle Sports a call on Monday and see if they can do anything for me, I'm not that far from them at all. Hopefully I can find one to test drive somewhere, I'm thinking I may just have to go ahead and buy one though, lol.

Take a look at the mod's on my page here. All that makes it one great touring bike. A 500 mile day is no big deal.

Take a look at the mod's on my page here. All that makes it one great touring bike. A 500 mile day is no big deal.

Yea I would love to be able to just sit on one that has these mods done to it for sure because I think they would make such a big difference for me. Thank you for the info.
Justin

Back