Tesla surprise

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Surprised by a model 3 today.

Sitting at traffick light waiting for green with a Tesla model 3 next to me. Expected nothing to happen, as a cager usually is no challenge.

Guy takes off and as usual I go into 2nd low rpm and open throttle.

Caught him almost all the way through second gear and passed, but only just.

Sitting at traffick light waiting for green with a Tesla model 3 next to me. Expected nothing to happen, as a cager usually is no challenge.

The torque on Teslas is crazy. Instant power and can beat a lot of bikes. If a Tesla wants to do a short race, I know I probably wont have much of an advantage.

$150k but yes they are quick. 9.2 in the 1/4 with any grandma behind the wheel..
I get to wonder on the longevity of these things....it must take a lot out of the batteries to achieve this level of performance.

Then things like this happen....and they are next to impossible to extinguish...even locally we've had two houses burn down when the owners were recharging their EV in the garage.

I get to wonder on the longevity of these things....it must take a lot out of the batteries to achieve this level of performance.

Then things like this happen....and they are next to impossible to extinguish...

Not only the battery but owners have complained how cheap the interior trim feels and fits. I think Tesla started out great and as soon as they were making record sales, the let their QC go down.

Not only the battery but owners have complained how cheap the interior trim feels and fits. I think Tesla started out great and as soon as they were making record sales, the let their QC go down.
You Tube is full of videos of Teslas catching fire or having brakes fail, etc, etc...one guy had the brakes fail on his Tesla S Plaid at 170mph and the car lost control and wrecked.....

And their autopilot has caused a few crashes with motorcycles.

Not just motorcycles, apparently they don't recognize pedestrians either.

More than a few Teslas on auto-drive have wrecked...

Nothing like using the public as a testing field, this tech wasn't ready to be out in the public yet there it is killing people.

There are other manufacturers guilty of this as well.

While we are at crappy designs, why did North America allow KIA vehicles to have signal lights low-down on the rear bumper instead of being part of the rear light assembly...they are very distracting and hard to see if they are turning due to their location.

KIA lights.jpg

Nothing like using the public as a testing field, this tech wasn't ready to be out in the public yet there it is killing people.

While we are at crappy designs, why did North America allow KIA vehicles to have signal lights low-down on the rear bumper instead of being part of the rear light assembly...they are very distracting and hard to see if they are turning due to their location.

View attachment 1655863
Taillight regulations make a few things clear about what you can and can't do in terms of design and mounting. All vehicles sold in the United States must have a set of fixed brake lights, which means if you have lights mounted to the tailgate or other movable bodywork, there must also be a set mounted to a place on the car that doesn't move, like the rear fender.

Taillight regulations make a few things clear about what you can and can't do in terms of design and mounting. All vehicles sold in the United States must have a set of fixed brake lights, which means if you have lights mounted to the tailgate or other movable bodywork, there must also be a set mounted to a place on the car that doesn't move, like the rear fender.

A very stupid design and I wonder how many accidents they've caused over the years...

A very stupid design and I wonder how many accidents they've caused over the years...
I agree but would say in Maryland, it probably hasn't caused too many accidents. Drivers here don't use turn signals because other drivers will speed up when you signal for a lane change. It's happened to me a lot and I see it almost everyday. I used to joke that only BMW drivers didn't use turn signals but now it's everyone.

there is a performance model 3 with dual motors available that is in the 3.xx second 0-60 range. don’t get caught sleeping at the light against one.

View attachment 1655863

DUDE. Every single time I see these, I wonder the same thing. Reverse lights that low? Sure, but not signals and especially not brake lights.

It's fascinating how electric vehicles like the Tesla Model 3 can deliver some impressive acceleration thanks to their instant torque. You never really know what to expect when the light turns green.
It must have been quite a ride, catching up and passing the Model 3 almost all the way through second gear. Those spontaneous races can be a blast, even when you're just having some fun on the road.
If you're looking to enhance your Tesla experience further, you might want to explore some Tesla Model Y accessories. They can not only add some personal touches but also improve functionality.

Back