Tesla reveals Cybertruck

Sandow

Registered
Im not a fan of Tesla cars or of anything electric. But I have to admit this is kind of cool!

Vehicle Specs:
  • Range: 500+ miles
  • 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
  • Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs
  • Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs
  • Vault length: 6.5 feet
  • Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
  • Suspension: 4” in either direction
  • Touchscreen size: 17”
  • Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel. If there was something better, we’d use it.
  • Seating capacity: Up to six adults
  • Charging: Can be charged at home, at Destination Charging locations, and with our network of more than 14,000 Superchargers, including on our newest V3 technology, which is helpful for long hauls and towing.
Price

Tesla has just announced incredibly low pricing for the Tesla Cybertruck. Tesla says the truck will start at $39,900 in base trim and top out at just $69,900 in top tri-motor form. That's even lower than the sub $50,000 target announced previously by Musk.

Range

It’s official, the Tesla Cybertruck has made its world debut. According to CEO Elon Musk, it will have a maximum range of over 500 miles per charge. The base “Standard Range” model will have over 250 miles of range. There will also be another trim level in between the two. It will have over 300 miles of range.

Performance

The Tesla Cybertruck reveal showed a vehicle that will not have paint options or a traditional bed, but it will be able to tow 14,000 lb, to pull anything, according to Elon Musk, and offer its owners a 2.9 s acceleration from 0 to 60 mph. That is enough for the pickup truck to beat a Porsche 911.

The pickup truck will be available with three options of range and engines: a RWD, able to tow up to 7,500 lb with a 250+ mi range, a dual-motor AWD, willing to pull 10,000 lb with a 300+ range, and a tri-motor AWD that has the top specs, but no details. Its range will be 500+ mi.

Design

The design of the Tesla Cybertruck is a secret no more. It looks, as you can see, like no other truck ever seen outside a sci-fi movie set. Steel panels are finished "au natural" and wearing a distinctive peaked roof – from the side, it's basically a rectangular box with a triangle sitting on top above the beltline.

The cab is very forward, with the front glass far down the front in place of a normal hood. Meanwhile, in back, the bed is covered by a sheet of metal that recedes into roofline to expose and give access to the bed. It's really...something. When Musk alluded to it looking like it a vehicle from Blade Runner, he certainly wasn't kidding.

Production And Availability

According to Tesla, production of the lower-priced Cybertrucks may begin in late 2021. However, the tri-motor will follow in 2022.

T6QEBmt.png

#FREEpost ~ #MomWeHaveAteslaTruck ~ #TeslaTruck ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
I don’t understand why they made something that could have been so awesome and make it so ridiculously ugly. It’s like the first electric cars. They were an awesome idea but they were so over the top and ugly that nobody wanted them. There’s a reason so many F150s and Silverados are sold every year....They look good.

Is it April 1st already? That thing makes my eyes puke. :crazy:

I wonder if the robot it transforms into is any better looking?

I don't think electric cars/bikes are ugly they just cost too much for a 200 mile range. But I must admit that pickup looks like a cheap 60's cardboard clad prop in a science fiction movie!

Is it April 1st
already ? ? ?

That thing makes
my eyes puke . . .

:crazy:

I wonder if the robot
it transforms into is
any better looking ?

#BlowsLid ~ #SpaceXLaunchesRocket ~#SpaceXstarShipMK1 ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Are the rear view mirrors optional? !!!
Fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed?
Optional snow plow attachment package?
Winch?
Real world range when it's 20 below in February?
Trailer hitch? Trailer tow brake controller package?
Charge time on regular home voltage?
Cost of repairing minor fender bender?

So many questions...

LOL

cheers
ken

I kind of like the concept, but the shape of the body doesnt do it for me. I think I will stick with my Super Duty for now, but maybe one of these days.

I can appreciate this thing for what it is, and it is purely function over form at this stage. I heard the reasoning for the geometric body shape is that it can all be made in a factory with traditional metal forming and fabrication equipment without the need for $$$$$ dies to stamp out all those formed body panels on a traditional truck. The use of stainless steel means no need to paint it, so more cost savings there. It will undoubtedly have next gen Tesla electronics suite so they can share that across platforms; more cost savings. Performance-wise the top of the line 3-motor variant (not available until late 2022!) will likely be unrivaled at least in the short term! Technologically and economically it is a real head turner, but aesthetically it is just not in my wheelhouse. The whole " I decided to fire the entire design department" look is just not my thing. But that is actually his point in all this, Musk stated long ago that is was going to have avant garde "Blade Runner esque" styling and thats pretty much what he made. I suspect a slightly more traditional model will follow at some point. Ford is rumored to have a production ready Electric F-150 ready to bring to market so I dont know if it will be another me-too effort like the Mach-E they just released, but it will certainly look more like most people think a truck ought to look, but at what cost?

Back