Tesla Plaid vs ZX14

For some reason when I open up You Tube, I see the newest posted videos and as he post them like a mad man, I see them first.....

What's that phrase he uses...? "killing the game" Killing bikes is more like it....
What's worse is now you have me watching them...
It's like a bad crash, I can't look away...or unsee it...

I take it you have an EV....

I know nothing about them other than what I read or watch on TV...

I've watched a couple auto journalists on TV test them and they were less than impressed with their range...on paper they look great but in real life use they fall flat....
with gas prices not going down but electricity staying the same, the ev “gamble “ has worked out. no oil changes, $80 for 5 year registration, HOV lane pass, battery is a 62kWh battery (265mile range, easy math using prices below to calculate cost of a “fill up”). the range is pretty accurate if you drive at posted limits on the highway. in city driving the range is sometimes better. with close to 4 years of driving i’ve only replaced 1 set of tires for service. i’m not saying people need to switch to ev but i personally tell people not to knock em (not saying you are btw) until they drive one so they can make up their mind based on their experience.

4D139764-899C-4B4E-8B36-56B81645975A.jpeg

...and people like me....I'll admit, I'm not real interested in EV tech, I like my V-8s.....I don't even care that EV will out perform my ICE vehicles...to me, they have no soul much like many of the modern ICE vehicles...

When I see something like a '70 Hemi 'Cuda or Superbee or Mach 1 or a Camaro RS SS, I get excited....when I see pretty much any modern vehicle ICE or EV, they just don't do it for me....they are OK but not pulse pounding like the old stuff.....Even my Hemi Ram is ok...it has no soul either.

Kind of how I feel about some of the ultra modern motorcycles, they have no soul either....but that's just me.

Once people like me are out of the driving game, then I think EV will take off with the younger generations.
just bc those cars you mentioned were made before some of us were born doesn’t mean we don’t like them either. it’s just hard to get ahold of any cool classic bc people that have them are hoarding them so we have to resort to un cool classic to bring back.

7667DC47-4332-4374-AA9D-523151ACE575.jpeg

So I'll be honest. It wouldn't matter to me if my Honda or the wife's Subaru was electric. Those cars might even be faster in EV form. The lightning looks to be an interesting alternative to my F-150 - it pulls much harder and has decent range. When I drive for work or pleasure I don't generally speed, only speed on the bike where it's appropriate and relatively safe.

As for bikes, the BMW would not lose much as an EV. The engine is fun and peppy but we're only talking 120 hp or so on a good day. To be honest, I'm more worried about the weight of the battery than the electric motor. As for the Busa, bikes like the Lightning (bike) look to be pretty close to offering the jaw-dropping performance the Busa does.

EVs are inevitable. If you make a living with internal combustion engines, it's time to start transition planning just like blacksmiths 130 years ago.

with gas prices not going down but electricity staying the same, the ev “gamble “ has worked out. no oil changes, $80 for 5 year registration, HOV lane pass, battery is a 62kWh battery (265mile range, easy math using prices below to calculate cost of a “fill up”). the range is pretty accurate if you drive at posted limits on the highway. in city driving the range is sometimes better. with close to 4 years of driving i’ve only replaced 1 set of tires for service. i’m not saying people need to switch to ev but i personally tell people not to knock em (not saying you are btw) until they drive one so they can make up their mind based on their experience.

View attachment 1644916
If I was a betting man, I'd say wait until we are all dependent on EV and total electrical power and then watch the rates rise....It will be open season for the electrical companies to get their pound of flesh out of us the same as the petroleum industry currently is......

Trillions of dollars in power grid upgrades and deliveries will also have to happen-those upgrades will be courtesy of the end users in some way I'm sure.

EVs are coming and nothing can stop that-but there will be a huge cost coming with it.

-First responders will need equipment and training to deal with them, some of these places are pretty tiny and can't afford such upgrades or training-the government and taxpayer will be on the hook for this.
-Battery recycling and transport of drained (but still live) batteries will have to be sorted out (this won't be an inexpensive venture). Imagine a train load of EV batteries going through a town and a fire breaks out on the train...I've seen Li batteries burn and it is intense.
-Personal homes will need to be retrofitted for EV charging and I can see some sort of fire suppressant being needed for indoor storage of EV when they are recharging-currently there is an advisory to not recharge some models inside the garage..what about all the condos and apartments who have indoor parking
-what about all the millions of vehicles which currently have no dedicated parking area and park along the street outside businesses and homes....how will they be recharged if necessary...

In my opinion, all these issues need to be addressed and resolved before EV becomes mainstream. The old school way of thinking which used to work won't work any longer....

remember bro this has all been done before. Same problems to overcome, same fears about chaos and reliability. Imagine convincing people with horses to ride around on a gas can?! It's the right thing to do. Not only is it environmentally better, but it will also create jobs and open technologies.

remember bro this has all been done before. Same problems to overcome, same fears about chaos and reliability. Imagine convincing people with horses to ride around on a gas can?! It's the right thing to do. Not only is it environmentally better, but it will also create jobs and open technologies.
In the defense of my position, when the transition came to go from horse to ICE (and battery) vehicles, it was kind of sudden and not well thought out.

Roll around to the 21st century and you'd think we could get this transitional period to be quite smooth and well designed. I'm speaking on more of the charging infrastructure than the building of EV as we already have mechanisms in place to actually build these things...it's the user charging which will be the biggest hurtle in my opinion.

My neighbor got a new GM hybrid SUV. Died the other day and they are saying 6 months to get it fixed. They offered to give her a new one instead. Wow, that's a serious problem!
but you talking about gm…how many recalls in 2020-2021 alone smh. how many hybrid models have they had to drop already? other manufacturers already have their hybrid bugs mostly worked out. at least they offered him a new one. many times the gov has to step in and force gm to fix their ______.

Not sure what company she's going to look at...she's had 4 Ford Focus cars in a row so is a fan of Ford products...she rented a new Escape titanium and really liked that..it wasn't a hybrid though.

I heard a Rav 4 hybrid in a parking lot the other day and it sounded like all the hamster wheels needed oiling...

If she gets an SUV she wants one around the size of an Escape although she did mention an Edge too...

Back