Tesla Plaid vs ZX14

This is how other countries store their lithium batteries before breaking them up-by hand..

If the tech is going to be here, we need to sort this sort of thing out before hand...

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm over analyzing this...I've deployed many times into harm's way so perhaps I am a bit jaded when it comes to poor planning and execution of a plan..to me the introduction of EV platforms without first identifying power generation, Lithium production and proper battery recycling is reckless at best.

Li battery dump.jpg

lithium batteries can be recycled

lithium batteries can be recycled

Of course they can...it doesn't mean they will be safely though...there are piles of them all around the developing countries-literally piles like I posted...

The support for this tech isn't there and it shouldn't have been released until it was in place....the literal cart before the horse.

The sad thing is people will wear their rose colored glasses and feel good about how they are saving the environment all the while ignoring scenes such as this.

I'm for moving forward but it needs to be done right, not half-assed like it currently is.

Of course they can...it doesn't mean they will be safely though...there are piles of them all around the developing countries-literally piles like I posted...

The support for this tech isn't there and it shouldn't have been released until it was in place....the literal cart before the horse.

The sad thing is people will wear their rose colored glasses and feel good about how they are saving the environment all the while ignoring scenes such as this.

I'm for moving forward but it needs to be done right, not half-assed like it currently is.
Developing countries dont have the same logistics as leading countries such as the U.S and China so that point is moot. That photo that you posted is of a junk yard,

Developing countries dont have the same logistics as leading countries such as the U.S and China so that point is moot. That photo that you posted is of a junk yard,
...we'll see if that point is moot...that has yet to be proven...

I will guarantee you, recycling battery packs will be an issue in the near future.

EV is not a clean tech either, it will get there in time though.

Last edited:
...we'll see if that point is moot...that has yet to be proven...

I will guarantee you, recycling battery packs will be an issue in the near future.

EV is not a clean tech either.
But remember, China is a leading country...in pollution, lmao!

I recall years ago there were smog advisories in many US cities, are there such advisories these days?
No idea if anyone even pays attention to it anymore.
We don't have them where I live, smog isn't a problem here.
I'll never forget visiting my Dad's brother and family in San-Diego, Nov of '89.
I woke up and the entire mountain veiw was completely covered in fog...or so I thought...until I was told it was smog.
We drove up to L.A a couple days later, and the haze was hard to belive.
Supposedly it's better today from better emmisions, but I haven't been out west in 15 years, and I wouldn't know, and I'm grateful to live in a clean and peaceful area.

No idea if anyone even pays attention to it anymore.
We don't have them where I live, smog isn't a problem here.
I'll never forget visiting my Dad's brother and family in San-Diego, Nov of '89.
I woke up and the entire mountain veiw was completely covered in fog...or so I thought...until I was told it was smog.
We drove up to L.A a couple days later, and the haze was hard to belive.
Supposedly it's better today from better emmisions, but I haven't been out west in 15 years, and I wouldn't know, and I'm grateful to live in a clean and peaceful area.

I've seen those pictures and they are staggering to see....

Makes you wonder who would want it to go back to that way...

He probably isn't the smartest guy, but from the videos I've watched, he's a pretty good rider and is usually pretty gracious to others. Might only be that way on film who knows.
In all of his videos he is very gregarious to pretty much every one he encounters...

He definitely rides on the edge but I think that's to get more views which equates to more money for him.

He definitely rides on the edge but I think that's to get more views which equates to more money for him.
Gregarious is a good word :)
I miss the days of not worrying about how much repairing the bike or the ambulance ride will cost. Time and age have a way of cementing these things in our considerations. The faster one gets, the faster one will go; at some point something has to give.

Last edited:
Gregarious is a good word :)
I miss the days of not worrying about how much repairing the bike or the ambulance ride will cost. Time and age have a way of cementing these things in our considerations. The faster one gets, the faster one will go; at some point something has to give.
I have noted a few of the people he rides with are working hard at cashing in on that fact by posting lots of videos....they certainly don't have the editing skills he has though and their videos are crude.

Back