Tesla Plaid vs ZX14

I watched a couple videos on the Plaid and although it is interesting, isn't the whole concept behind going to EV to be more energy efficient and resource conscious?

I'm certain when this Plaid is operating at these high speeds and running 1/4 miles they use a lot of energy and if they had an equivalency to miles per gallon, they must be awful.

Lots of the advertising I see for EV are focusing on their performance....in the middle of a snowstorm in January, who cares about performance other than the ability to stay on the road and keeping the heat on...

Sad the zx-14 is quicker than the gen 3.
Stock for stock, not a whole lot has changed between a gen 2 and gen 3 and a ZX14 will stomp a gen 2 so not a huge surprise there...

I've heard a whole lot about when the ECU gets cracked and how this will bring the gen 3 into a whole new light.....maybe...we'll see...but the ECU is already able to be unlocked on the ZX so modification verses modification the ZX will still be faster.

Stock for stock, not a whole lot has changed between a gen 2 and gen 3 and a ZX14 will stomp a gen 2 so not a huge surprise there...

I've heard a whole lot about when the ECU gets cracked and how this will bring the gen 3 into a whole new light.....maybe...we'll see...but the ECU is already able to be unlocked on the ZX so modification verses modification the ZX will still be faster.

Isnt the gen 3 4-5 grand more than a zx-14? I just hate the looks of a zx-14. How much more of a cost would it be to make the gen 3 as quick or quicker than a zx-14? Ontop of the 4-5 grand difference of buying.

Isnt the gen 3 4-5 grand more than a zx-14? I just hate the looks of a zx-14. How much more of a cost would it be to make the gen 3 as quick or quicker than a zx-14? Ontop of the 4-5 grand difference of buying.
Exactly...in order for a Hayabusa to have competed against the ZX14R it would have been priced lower and made more power...

However......that ship has sailed long ago.

I get to wonder how long these battery packs will last...I know with my RC stuff, the more I use/charge the batteries they get to have a shorter duration...batteries which would last for 30 mins before only last 20 mins now after a few months...

For years I've seen first hand the power difference between EV and ICE in the RC world. The EV literally destroys the ICE RC buggies but while the EV guys were charging up batteries, the ICE guys were still out running around having fun.

I've seen lots of car shows featuring EV and primarily high performance EV.

I would say these EV when worked hard will use a lot more energy and maybe burn out these very expensive battery packs sooner? I saw a show featuring a Mercedes EV sedan, it was very futuristic and they said it would have a 700km range in perfect conditions and that range was expected to drop substantially in unfavorable conditions (ice, snow, hilly terrain, etc...but could be charged in 30 minutes at their charging stations.

I could only imagine sitting at a public charging station in the middle of winter for a minimum of 30 minutes with no heat. If they position these say at a truck stop type of place it would be better but it would have to be a pretty big truck stop....

I get to wonder how long these battery packs will last...I know with my RC stuff, the more I use/charge the batteries they get to have a shorter duration...batteries which would last for 30 mins before only last 20 mins now after a few months...

For years I've seen first hand the power difference between EV and ICE in the RC world. The EV literally destroys the ICE RC buggies but while the EV guys were charging up batteries, the ICE guys were still out running around having fun.

I would say these EV when worked hard will use a lot more energy and maybe burn out these very expensive battery packs sooner? I saw a show featuring a Mercedes EV sedan, it was very futuristic and they said it would have a 700km range in perfect conditions and that range was expected to drop substantially in unfavorable conditions (ice, snow, hilly terrain, etc...but could be charged in 30 minutes at their charging stations.

I could only imagine sitting at a public charging station in the middle of winter for a minimum of 30 minutes with no heat. If they position these say at a truck stop type of place it would be better but it would have to be a pretty big truck stop....
The battery pack in Teslas aren't the same

haha you know you can leave the heater running while its charging, just saying. so for long trips the charging is about 20-30mins but for road trips people usually get off the car and walk around, stretch, use facilities, etc. so you dont notice the extra time much. for daily use bc you can charge over night at home you dont have to worry about going to gas station so you do save time over having to fill up. even if the gas station is on your way home it adds time to your commute. pro/cons for charging its not all bad.

haha you know you can leave the heater running while its charging, just saying. so for long trips the charging is about 20-30mins but for road trips people usually get off the car and walk around, stretch, use facilities, etc. so you dont notice the extra time much. for daily use bc you can charge over night at home you dont have to worry about going to gas station so you do save time over having to fill up. even if the gas station is on your way home it adds time to your commute. pro/cons for charging its not all bad.
I take it you have an EV....

I know nothing about them other than what I read or watch on TV...

I've watched a couple auto journalists on TV test them and they were less than impressed with their range...on paper they look great but in real life use they fall flat....

I take it you have an EV....

I know nothing about them other than what I read or watch on TV...

I've watched a couple auto journalists on TV test them and they were less than impressed with their range...on paper they look great but in real life use they fall flat....

uq7drcm6dgp41.png

Back