Terrorist American, Military Tribunal or Civilian Court?

masterblaster

Registered
Thoughts? I am torn, want the guy to get his comeuppance one way or another, i.e. the Chair, but want it done correctly. I am leaning towards civilian court process because I lean libertarian, however, I would agree to a tribunal if they legally strip him of his citizenship, the dump him into the military system in Gitmo.

None of the above.
Public gallows or firing squad.
Cheap, efficient, and cause others to take note.

Thoughts? I am torn, want the guy to get his comeuppance one way or another, i.e. the Chair, but want it done correctly. I am leaning towards civilian court process because I lean libertarian, however, I would agree to a tribunal if they legally strip him of his citizenship, the dump him into the military system in Gitmo.

That's a slippery slope if I've ever seen one. If the government wants or needs a certain person to go down for something, they can just take your citizenship and toss your butt in Gitmo? If he was a citizen when the crime took place, he should be treated as such for the duration of the legal proceedings.

Our constitution has taken a real beating over the years... :down:

I would normally agree but he lied on his citizenship oath, he was not born here, so it is possible and has been done with Mafia figures in the past.

That's a slippery slope if I've ever seen one. If the government wants or needs a certain person to go down for something, they can just take your citizenship and toss your butt in Gitmo? If he was a citizen when the crime took place, he should be treated as such for the duration of the legal proceedings.

Our constitution has taken a real beating over the years... :down:

You put too much faith in our government to run things like this, hell they cant even maintain traffic a light in a one light town and you think they can conspire to do this????? I highly doubt it. A pattern incompetence does not mean its a conspiracy. Too much faith man. Our politicians have issues but they tell you to your face they will screw you over because they know two things, the people are apathetic and wont do anything about it, and if they tried to do it in a secret way it would get leaked and they would screw up the plan anyway, its far more reliable to rely on the deceit and organizational abilities of the Dem and Repub parties (mafia families) to screw us over than it is any government agency.

He's been federally charged, conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction. That's what I hear anyway .

An American citizen caught on American Soil...As much as I'd like to do otherwise, in order to preserve other American's rights and not open Pandora's box....Federal Court.

its must be another government conspiracy and it never happened. having an open mind is one thing. wearing blinders is a whole nother subject....

quite a credible website you pulled that from....:whistle:

Back