terrible thing to be bored

bdogg317

Registered
I didnt have to work yesterday and the wife was not at home. So I decided to tinker with the bike after a nice little ride. boredum cause me to spend money. I figured i would light it up a little.

bike lights 003.jpg

bike lights 004.jpg

That looks pretty cool, you may also want to invest in a tripod though to reduce the blur, or aim up a little so the focus is on the bike.:thumbsup:

where are the lights located? Are there any wires now though that could get caught in something important? Other than that it looks pretty cool and will help you be seen at night so that is great.

Where did you get the lights anyways?

back lights are on the swing arm wires come down through tail and are black wire tied to inside of swing arm. front lights come down through dash panels and are on inside of brake mounts. nothing is in danger of getting caught on anything.
That looks pretty cool, you may also want to invest in a tripod though to reduce the blur, or aim up a little so the focus is on the bike.:thumbsup:

where are the lights located? Are there any wires now though that could get caught in something important? Other than that it looks pretty cool and will help you be seen at night so that is great.

Where did you get the lights anyways?

back lights are on the swing arm wires come down through tail and are black wire tied to inside of swing arm. front lights come down through dash panels and are on inside of brake mounts. nothing is in danger of getting caught on anything.

That sounds good, where did you get the lights and are they LED's?

Very nice. Check state law. It is unlawful to possess red or blue lights in some states. Great for parking lots, but not on the road.

Great looking :thumbsup:

I've always thought the underbody lighting looked cool, but never wanted to do it because it was way too ricer for me.

Now I'm thinking that this could be a pretty good safety feature for folks like me who deal ride in city traffic a lot.

Did you wire in a separate switch to control the lighting? Where'd you put it?

yea it has a seperate switch that is wired to the battery which goes to a distribution box that each wire is connected to. The switch I put in the hole on the right side of the rear fairing where the sight glass is for the rear brake master cylinder.

I've always thought the underbody lighting looked cool, but never wanted to do it because it was way too ricer for me.

Now I'm thinking that this could be a pretty good safety feature for folks like me who deal ride in city traffic a lot.

Did you wire in a separate switch to control the lighting? Where'd you put it?

Very nice. Check state law. It is unlawful to possess red or blue lights in some states. Great for parking lots, but not on the road.

Great looking :thumbsup:

In Delaware you can't ride on the road with any color, red, blue, green, purple, ect., ect. ect......

next time you get bored, come on over !!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Back