Temps at the Stampede....

Takeuon

Registered
Trying to get a feel for how the temperature was during the Stampede. Reno can be pretty brutal in July & August. Honestly did it effect anyone? Would it make more sense to have the next one during the cooler months? Just curious.

Glad to see everyone had such a great time & many friendships were solidified through this event. :thumbsup: I'm jealous I could not be there.

95+ but it is a dry heat ... :laugh:

Really wasnt too bad, gotta keep hydrated though.

Today in Reno, is suppose to be 101 though, and here in the Sacramento Valley today will be 107! :O

It was very hot coming down the mountain into the Valley on Sunday but while in Reno it was great weather. Never got too hot. I liked having it on my b-day. Made it extra special.

It was very hot coming down the mountain into the Valley on Sunday but while in Reno it was great weather. Never got too hot. I liked having it on my b-day. Made it extra special.

That's awesome man! Made it extra special I'm sure. I saw the post for your birthday. Happy belated by the way. :laugh: :beerchug:

I hear you guys stayed up in the mountains a good bit where it was cooler, and yes 0% humidity is always better than our 100% :laugh:

It was hot...still is. It has been 100 degrees + - a degree or 2. Last week and this week are the two hotest weeks of the year annually. It would be much better to do Reno mid August to mid September.

We all had a great time...time to hit the road for home.
Posted via Mobile Device

10 degrees less than Vegas the whole time....."GRAVY BRUDDAH !!!!!" :super: :super: :super:

It was hot...still is. It has been 100 degrees + - a degree or 2. Last week and this week are the two hotest weeks of the year annually. It would be much better to do Reno mid August to mid September.

We all had a great time...time to hit the road for home.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Rich! Hope you have a safe ride home bro! Was a blast riding with you!
HA.........mid September? WRONG!! Yikes, mid September is "Street Vibration" here in God's country. There will literally be thousands upon thousands of Harleys converging on the Reno/Tahoe/Carson area. I like to go downtown Reno to wander around looking at all the booths and displays and yes, the very, very scantily clad Harley chicks! I could expand on that statement, but it wouldn't be appropriate for this family oriented forum. My buddy and I NEVER wear any clothing even remotely related to our choice of motorcycle; some of them dudes have arms bigger around than my skinny legs and are serious Jap-crap haters! YIKES! :laugh:

Hey Rich! Hope you have a safe ride home bro! Was a blast riding with you!
HA.........mid September? WRONG!! Yikes, mid September is "Street Vibration" here in God's country. There will literally be thousands upon thousands of Harleys converging on the Reno/Tahoe/Carson area. I like to go downtown Reno to wander around looking at all the booths and displays and yes, the very, very scantily clad Harley chicks! I could expand on that statement, but it wouldn't be appropriate for this family oriented forum. My buddy and I NEVER wear any clothing even remotely related to our choice of motorcycle; some of them dudes have arms bigger around than my skinny legs and are serious Jap-crap haters! YIKES! :laugh:

Street Vibrations this year is 9/23-9/27...plenty of time to squeeze in a ride between Labor Day and that event :whistle:

The Heat caught me on my way home on thursday .. by the time I got to Kramer Junction ..after sitting in traffic for 35 min @ Randsburg ( roadrepair ) ..I was dehydrated to the max. I walked into the Roadhouse cafe ..and ordered 6 glasses of water.. took 2 .. walked outside and poured them over me.. came back in and drank the rest... other than that ... good times! :whistle:

Reno in JULY...... i wonder why it was so hot???????????:whistle:

What was the offical count on the attendance?

anyone?

Reno in JULY...... i wonder why it was so hot???????????:whistle:

What was the offical count on the attendance?

anyone?

...and 52 at dinner.

To some who did not see it, there was still snow in some of the passes that we ventured across. Timing is everything.

...and 52 at dinner.

To some who did not see it, there was still snow in some of the passes that we ventured across. Timing is everything.

There is snow ALL year in some of the passes...many of the
mountains in the area are over 10,000 ft...the eastern facing
slopes don't get the afternoon heat.

I am sure it was worth every minute bearing the heat..... would love to attend next year.

Planning it now....
1. more work to abtain the desposible income..

Back