temperature problems

@ mr. brown

this motor overheats in idle running - on my lift - when sidepanels are mounted

and does not when its is naked

so i hope adding a 2nd fan will solve the problem

so i´ll go that way

if the 2nd fan + sidepanels on will not be sufficiant i´ll gut then the thermostat

I'll keep you up to date

give me some days - tomorrow i get a 4-day vistit of my dearly beloved brother & his girlfriend
and i won´t join my workshop ;-)

PS:
the upper limit is definitely 17.4 psi - no + possible
and please remember - temp. probs NOW are at idle
Is the radiator 100% clean and allowing full flow?
Is the Water pump in good condition working to full efficiency for maximum flow?
Is the thermostat opening fully?
Are you using good quality coolant such as “Engine Ice”?
These elements of the cooling system must be working up to full efficiency before adding more airflow.
But a second fan and a gutted thermostat is definitely a good idea to try.

@ mr. brown

this motor overheats in idle running - on my lift - when sidepanels are mounted

and does not when its is naked

so i hope adding a 2nd fan will solve the problem

so i´ll go that way

if the 2nd fan + sidepanels on will not be sufficiant i´ll gut then the thermostat

I'll keep you up to date

give me some days - tomorrow i get a 4-day vistit of my dearly beloved brother & his girlfriend
and i won´t join my workshop ;-)

PS:
the upper limit is definitely 17.4 psi - no + possible
and please remember - temp. probs NOW are at idle
Okay, key information here which was missed in earlier posts, language barrier or whatever. Now we know more....so yes, a second fan may help you with an idle temp issue. Enjoy your visit with your family and check back when you have time!

Okay, key information here which was missed in earlier posts, language barrier or whatever. Now we know more....so yes, a second fan may help you with an idle temp issue. Enjoy your visit with your family and check back when you have time!
HI. I will be running 40 to 54 lbs of boost. What I have is a new radiator, silicone hoses, gutted thermostat, high pressure radiator cap, 2 fans and a electric water pump. We had a car around town and stopped all fine, on the hi way it would over heat= bad radiator the fins seperated from the core.

hello dears
results
i added a second fan of a Yamaha R1 RN22 and all probs when sidepanels are mounted are gone.
okay it is pretty cold outside here
going arround 30 mph or 70 mph the pointer in the display stays under the middle line
same behavior in my garage where i had let it run 20 minutes at idle - no more stress with the pointer. :thumbsup:

thanks for your help. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back