Temperature Gage Pegged

Ghost23

Registered
Hey, got a buddy who's Gen 1 Temp Gage is pegged out, even with the engine cold. It's not the ECT, Radiator Switch, or the Fan Relay, they have been checked/replaced...etc. My guess is a ground or break in the wiring from the ECT to the harness somewhere. Any ideas out there?

Thanks! It's good information. The gage resets, just jumps to H after. The electronics won't let it complete the reboot and start because it thinks the bike is hot. Very weird, never seen it before. Might take the Ballast Idea about the HID's and run with it though. Appreciate the search 1166!!!

This may sound like a goofy question, but was the engine was running when it pegged out? He didn't just have the key turned on? I know that seems obvious...

LOL....actually, he was on the highway, engine died, got it trailered to my house. I saw the needle pegged when it got here. Troubleshot the Coolant System Components, still no dice.

LOL....actually, he was on the highway, engine died, got it trailered to my house. I saw the needle pegged when it got here. Troubleshot the Coolant System Components, still no dice.

Back