Temped by the dark side!

TruWrecks

Banned
I know this is a Busa site, but we're still a big family.

I was thinking about getting another Busa, but I got to thinking what I love most about a bike.  It's not the insane acceleration.  Okay that's part of it.  
biggrin.gif
 I love the twisties more.  I know I probably need to overcome some cornering anxiety, but that'll help make me a better rider.

Anywho, here's the choices I've come to so far:

2006/07 Kawasaki ZX-10R or the 2006/07 GSXR1000.

I'm partial to Zuki, but I hopped on a 2006 ZX-10R today, and it felt really good.  It was a bit more comfy to me than the GSXR.  I'm going to ride both next weekend to see which one feels best to me.  Right now I'm leaning more toward the ZX-10R.

drooling3.gif

Help!  The Empire is tempting me!!!!

I'm still going to wait and see what's released for 2007.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156058308 -->

I've looked at the R1, but they just feel too cramped for me to enjoy. The ZX-10R pegs don't feel quite as cramped to me.

Then get it!  I rode with a 06 black ZX 10 yesterday.  I drooled the whole time!

<!--EDIT|TXBusa05LE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156073846 -->

You can't go wrong with either one--and I'll admit that I really like the look of the ZX-10. So, do you go with classic green, or maybe yellow-orange, or how about the black? Good luck!

You can't go wrong with either one--and I'll admit that I really like the look of the ZX-10. So, do you go with classic green, or maybe yellow-orange, or how about the black? Good luck!
+1 except kawi green sux (where's that hurl icon) and so does yellow, but the black is positively badass.

I vote zx10 in black.

BikePics.com

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156080403 -->

Have had some of the same thoughts over the last couple years. Haven't been able to test ride either, but have visited their forums to see what info I could find out. I would probably lean towards the Gixxer, since I'm such a am a Zuki man at heart!

the 07 gsxxr i think will be a all out wow
That's true...a black 180 hp gixer would certainly up the ante, I hope zuk gets a decent color scheme or port over the 750 colors. The gixer 750s look sweet...

Heck the last roundup test I read had the current gsx 1000 pulling Busa 1/4 mile times already.

To improve your riding and confidence, GET the one you feel most comfortable on ! If your not comfortable you'll never really have confidence in the bike or what you want to do with it. No matter who makes it (all bikes are well made in the Sport Bike area) you'll improve massively if your comfortable and not trying to over control the bike for it's preceived limitations or actions
wink.gif

Though the presence of a new Hayabusa for next year is still speculative, the new for 2007 GSXR1000 is almost a certainty! There was a press release the other day talking about the re-signing of Ben Spies for two more years to race the "new GSXR1000" in Superstock and Superbike. So if it comes out for 07 and you don't dig it you might score a really nice 06 holdover! Win/Win.

I don't feel comfortable on a Triumph, and the Duc is out of my target price for now.

I have enough money setup for a goal to buy either a turbo kit for my Vette, or a new bike.  I can't lean the Vette in the corners, so the bike wins.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156101072 -->

Back