Tell me about DPMS AR's who has em?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Gun show this weekend, there were a lot of DPMS rifles, a few Smith, Rock River and Colt but a ton of the DPMS..

Anyone have any history with them?

I am wanting to get a .22 w/ supressor, AR 40 and .223

cap

Buddy had a dpms panther, he liked it but im not an ar fan. Barbie doll gun but it shot true so I say go for it

DPMS Has some decent stuff. They have a pretty good range from entry level up.
Bounce the price against Mark Home Page Mark is a DPMS Distributor.

One of the best Suppressor Dist/Dealers in the country just happens to be in OKC. MAJOR MALFUNCTION - Class 3 III NFA dealer - suppressor / silencer sales
Make sure you don't skimp on the suppressor. ;)

IMG_4583%20(Medium).JPG

226wCan.jpg

Myself and many shooting friends are more than pleased here. Have the. 223 and 308 and have my eyes set on the 6.5 creedmoor now. Come on Santa, I been good this year.
Sent from my LG-Thrill using Tapatalk

I have two DPMS Panther Lite 16's
They are great rifles!! Yes they are entry level AR's but you get the best deal for your $.

BusaGirl4444 shooting her's and his:

Old computer pics 132.jpgOld computer pics 150.JPG

Old computer pics 132.jpg

Old computer pics 150.JPG

if you plan to put alot of round downrange buy a colt, the dpms stuff will not hold up under heavy use. Police Firearms Instructor

if you plan to put alot of round downrange buy a colt, the dpms stuff will not hold up under heavy use. Police Firearms Instructor

If you go with a colt stick to the models with "LE" in front of it. LE6920, LE6930,LE6940 etc. If you want a gun with the rail. Start off with the LE6940.

My 35 year old Colt has been bullet proof.

magpul1.jpg

I own 4, two .223 Rem. , one .308 Win, and one .243 Win. all DPMS. I wont tell you they are the best, but I like them; The two I have spent the most time with developing reloads, 20" stainless bull barrel in .223 Rem, and the .243 (actually a remington R25 made by DPMS) can both shoot 5 rnds. at 100 yards and just not quite cover with a dime. I`m not sure what `alot of rounds down range` is equal to, but have close to a couple thousand through one of them and no problems with it.

ETA- Rock River Arms has some nice offerings also.
When chosing a mount for a scope I have used both RRA and Burris (PEPR) mounts, and I like the Burris better.

I'll put in my props for the Smith and Wesson ARs. I bought one of the first year models - I think MP -15 - 223, tactical rail, fold down sights, telescoping stock. I've put about 1750 rounds through it and it's performed flawlessly and with an inexpensive scope and the right ammo it will print sub .75 MOA all day long. The rear stock feels/seems to be light and somewhat flimsy but has worked fine.

DPMS,,, Never heard anything horrible about'em - thought to be a good value and I think they were one of the first to offer .308 in the AR platform as a regular part of there line-up. The 308's were/are relatively inexpensive compared to just about every other AR in .308.

Darthsig.jpg

My DPMS. It was a good rifle but rock river is the best and value wise IMHO.

If I buy another, it'll be a rock river hands down.

Years ago they were considered crap! They have come along way though since then. They are now standard issue for the Texas Rangers. They usually have some pretty good equipment.:laugh:

Back