TEKA SFI

boxman

Registered
Was wondering if anyone has used the TEKA SFI. It's supposed to alow you to adjust the fuel injection using the stock ECU without a power commander. Sounds pretty cool though expensive. But so is dyno tuning. Anyone used one?

I don't have one, however my dealer remapped my bike using the Teka and my bike runs much better now! Cost me $25 and they did it in 10 min while I waited.

(ecosner1 @ Apr. 03 2007,10:10) I don't have one, however my dealer remapped my bike using the Teka and my bike runs much better now! Cost me $25 and they did it in 10 min while I waited.
Thats what I was thinking it is supposed to be real cheap and a good alternative..
wink.gif

I bought the Teka about 7 months ago. I mapped all my friends bikes until I paid it off. It works great. I think the biggest reason people put it down is because the power commander has more control. The teka is for fine tuning. Example. My friend has an 06 gsxr 1000. He put a slipon yosh rs3 pipe and K and N air filter. I mapped the bike it ran great. He got a power commander, loaded a map from the website and it ran even better. He picked up 2 horse on the dyno. Later he put a full yosh system, he loaded the map from the website and the bike ran horrible under 3 grand. Backfiring, Very rich and choppy. We used the power commander and leaned out the low side as much as possible. This solved 65 percent of the problem. I then plugged in with the teka and leaned out about another 20 percent. Later we eliminated the pair system via marble method and it's almost perfect now. My busa is stock filter, small box mod, tre, bolt on micron carbon pipes, pair capped , teka tuned, and we run side by side down the highway.

Did you find the teka as easy to use as the teka site claims. I'm thinking of getting one but they are a little pricey if they are a biotch to use.

Back