TechSpec Gripster Tank Pads

piratediverjefff

Registered
Got bored and decided to add some texture to break up the glossy black on the bike so stuck on some TechSpec pads in their Snakeskin pattern.The camera flash makes them appear more grey than they look in person(a good dose of Mothers Protectant shined 'em right up).I think they look kinda trick so will probably leave them on for a while(and will protect the sides of the tank from my bony knees:laugh:).My only gripe is that the center pad's pattern doesn't exactly match those on the sides,but oh well.

009_zpsf7a2d0b7.jpg

011_zps66a61008.jpg

012_zpsc7e9a20b.jpg

004_zps1258be9e.jpg

Howdy Flats,

Definitely some type of rubber/silicone bro,pretty hard stuff and doesn't compress at all(and supposedly you can peel 'em off/reuse them several times).

Howdy Flats,

Definitely some type of rubber/silicone bro,pretty hard stuff and doesn't compress at all(and supposedly you can peel 'em off/reuse them several times).

Thanks Jeff,
I'm getting a list of winter upgrades together, been spending more time on the boards lately to see what others are doing.

Reviving this old thread to see how you like (liked) them or didn't? I need to get something to help me hang onto this machine when I give it some power.

Took them off and gave them away bro,I just bought them for looks to accent the tank panels,etc.(I don't ride the curves hard enough for their intended use).Excellent quality though and if I felt the need for the grip I would definitely order them again.:super:

Reviving this old thread to see how you like (liked) them or didn't? I need to get something to help me hang onto this machine when I give it some power.
They are the best out there, pricy but the difference even going straight (no sliding back) is quite good. The added benefit of protecting the paint from rubbing through is just icing. ;<)

Thanks. I don't do twisties, but when I get on it I feel my knees unable to grip the tank enough to properly hold on.

Back