technology for testing 1/8th 60' and 1/4 mile off the track

Kevin Jones

Registered
I understand that back road tuning is frowned upon. I also understand that bikes have limitations that cars do not. I also understand that the road is not prepped. Years ago I remember summit selling a unit that GPS would measure your 1/4 mile, basically a box. I searched but wasnt able to find much that would apply. Has anyone figured out a way to simulate a run and measure your performance?

Originally there was the Veri-com. I had one. Then there was something called the G-tech I believe. Now you just use your phone and one of many apps. All on closed courses of course.

yea I have a gtech. their pretty freakn accurate believe it or not. jus mounts like gps to the windshield. has accelerometer in it. can do 0-60 1/8th 1/4 etc.

Dennis, the app I was trying to use I had mounted securely in a nice setup but the vibration of the bike makes it "redline" even when I am stationary and revving to launch. I think it was "drag test n tune" for android. I guess I could set up, hold it in my hand, let the tree go green, put it in the holder and just deal with the 5 seconds or so of reaction time but it seems silly.

No, but let me take a look. Thanks for the heads up. I really wanted to like the test n tune, I had it set up right there, it has a virtual tree, saves your times, all that. Just cant break through the red light issue. Im sure its a non-issue for most cars where you can lay it on a seat.

Torque has a ton of apps and looks really good. A really good car specific, in fact brand specific app. A lot of expandability but it looks all OBDII based and revolves around cars. I cant tell if it would work if it couldnt sense the sensor and standalone times. I will research it.

I don't know if Torque needs to be connected to run the acceleration stuff but good point. It is awesome for OBD-2 work. I bought a Bluetooth adapter for $13 shipped and it works great. You can datalog any ECU sensor you like, plot graphs, etc plus all the usual code reading stuff. I plotted boost pressure vs rpm on my truck. But back on topic, I guess I should try it out just to know.

Dennis, were you able to check it? I cannot find any other apps that look like they will work for android. There might be some for apple I dunno. I will keep looking.

Actually I forgot. I'll try to remember to do it tonight. FYI the trial version of Torque is free if you want to try it out.

I read up on it, looks like it is dependent on OBD synch. I may take a look at some of the other devices mentioned. I do not know what apple has to offer for apps.

Back