Technical

BRUDEH

Registered
I have the 04 BUSA and I am looking for an exhaust sytem for it. I am a fan of Yosh. and was thinking of keeping the fact. duals and putting slip-ons on. I kept wondering what I would be missing not doing a full system. I like the dual look and Yosh does not make a dual system that I can find. So I call 2 dealers for advice. They both told me that either choice I made there were no performance differences between slip-on and full system and that no fuel injection changes or remapping were necessary. In fact 1 said the only difference would be the loss of weight from the factory system. I find this hard to believe. I am looking for some more advice on this and even on another exhaust system if you have any. Espeically the pros and cons of keeping the dual look or going single.

no power difference with slip ons but there is with a full system and mapping also the gain of losing 20lbs.

as for duals full systems there are the HMF high and low mounts

Brudeh, I've had 3 exhausts outside of stock thus far. I'm like you, and preferred to keep the dual cans look. I've had the dyno on all 3 aftermarket sets. My 1st setup with just bolt-ons to the stock header, actually gave me the most hp's. (and sounded the best I think). I had what's called "Blue Flame" exhaust cans, made in England. They are pricey though. Ran me almost $400 each can. Looked AWESOME though. (I'll try to include pics). The second, was a 4:1 single exhaust D&D. It was pretty loud, but gave the crappy hp's. Very raspy. Missed the Dual-Look, so went with the HMF High-mounts. I really like them a lot. I got 163 hp with my first "Blue Flame" exhaust, and I get almost 162 with the HMF's. The Blue Flames produced somewhat of a deeper tone, but the HMF's are pretty deep and loud as well. Here's a pic of my busa with the Blue Flames (before I got it painted)

motorcycle2.jpg

Here are my current HMF high-mounts.

Hey, is there a way that I can add a video to the message board? I have a quick clip of my bike doing a corner, with sound, so you can hear the pipes...(???)

Vinyl1.JPG

Sorry, can't find my other picture of the HMF's from the rear, but here it is on a different bike:

HMF_Faring_Right.jpe

On the high mounts if I have the fender eliminator kit on, Would I have to remove the turn signals. They are aftermarket, the small lockhardt phillips carbonfibers.Can they be paced somewhere else.

I have the small flush-type lights on my fender eliminator, and NO, you don't need to move them. Mine are really close to the muffler, but they don't melt. The carbon mufflers don't get hot enough.

Back