Tech question cooler

B-12

Registered
hi
Not concerning a turbo ,but on a supercharger also problems with space. And i think here i find the guys who tried everything out.:beerchug:

Am i right that the small hose from the radiator to the termostate housing serves just to get the "air" out of the system (and little bypass if termostate is closed)?
If i uninstall the termostate ,can i then get rid of this hose ? (empty housing stays at place , and i just want to ride on nice weather ,so the engine will get warm)

The fitting on the cooler touches my uppipe and without it i could mount the cooler closer to the engine without getting trouble with steering.
If i bend it.... it still will touch the uppipe..or crack. Closing the small hole is no problem.
Other way to go > go to left side of the cooler with the hose.

Any suggestions ?

I have the bigger oil gear ,that should make also a bit more waterflow.

Other thing:
Can i use a smaller engine oilcooler ?
I need to install another one for the supercharger ,and i am happy with all space i can save.

here a pic

Kühler.jpg

The hose you are talking about is for the overflow. What this does is vent the pressure in the system once it exceeds the pressure rating of the spring in the radiator cap. If you leave this open to atmosphere, the radiator will vent coolant once hot, and have a low level when it cools back down. A better option would be to have a custom radiator built to relocate the cap/vent onto a separate breather box you could put in the tail. You could do this by modifying your existing radiator, it just needs to be the highest point in the system and allow for overflow (this would't be hard with an external vent tank/reservoir/cap located in the tail).

Example of remote coolant reservoir here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cal-186570/overview/

As for the oil cooler, most delete it altogether when using a turbocharger. If you are concerned about oil temperatures, or you meant a cooler for the supercharger's oil, there are water cooled oil coolers which section the radiator hoses (see Peterpain's turbo thread here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/turbo/158505-peterpains-hayabusa-turbo-435-brake-horsepower.html) or inside the radiator tank.

The hose you are talking about is for the overflow. What this does is vent the pressure in the system once it exceeds the pressure rating of the spring in the radiator cap. If you leave this open to atmosphere, the radiator will vent coolant once hot, and have a low level when it cools back down. A better option would be to have a custom radiator built to relocate the cap/vent onto a separate breather box you could put in the tail. You could do this by modifying your existing radiator, it just needs to be the highest point in the system and allow for overflow (this would't be hard with an external vent tank/reservoir/cap located in the tail).

Example of remote coolant reservoir here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cal-186570/overview/

As for the oil cooler, most delete it altogether when using a turbocharger. If you are concerned about oil temperatures, or you meant a cooler for the supercharger's oil, there are water cooled oil coolers which section the radiator hoses (see Peterpain's turbo thread here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/turbo/158505-peterpains-hayabusa-turbo-435-brake-horsepower.html) or inside the radiator tank.

Hello
didn mean the overflow hose. I know i have to keep it and the reservoir.

Question concerned the other (bigger one) that routes to the thermostat on back of engine.
I know it serves for bleeding (hpe right term) the system and getting steam bubbles out. Seems to me as if the thermostat housing is except of the rad cap the highest point in
the cooling system ,so that bubbles wouldnt find a way "out"
So if the thermostat is gutted or without a thermostat >>>> would the higher waterflow sorry for leaking terms..wash the bubbles out ?

For oil-coolers
I have the same laminova as Andersson-turbo or peterpain uses in my hands. But i am restricted with the outlets from the supercharger ,and cant mount it this way.
For left side of engine its to long and wont fit gehind fairings.
I need in every case one cooler for the superchargerthat has a own oil circuit and reservoir.

I read that a lot of turbo guys only bypass the engine oil cooler and get rid of it. I am from germany and i do fullspeed runs on the Autobahn.
Not all the time but i can run several miles unrestricted.
Boost will be about 12psi and 250-300 hp is the goal ,
so not too much ,but will the engine take this without engine oil cooler.

That is not the oil cooler, that is the radiator, and no you can not use a smaller one. Busa's have a tendency to run hot as it is!
I would not in any way try to make the cooling system smaller, you would be asking for trouble!

That is not the oil cooler, that is the radiator, and no you can not use a smaller one. Busa's have a tendency to run hot as it is!
I would not in any way try to make the cooling system smaller, you would be asking for trouble!

Sorry
think i produce a lot of mistakes.

Water radiator will stay at it is ,and in place. The fan sensor will go from rad to the right side. Have a adaptor to fit in the hose.

Just the hose to the thermostat housing will be removed ,and the holes closed > if that works with big oil pump gear ,and gutted thermostat.

There is no oil cooler in the pic.
Mounted , it will be to close to the tire > so smaller one , a laminova > or no oil cooler at all ?

As with turbo bikes, you really dont need the oil cooler, it can be removed, but you need to remove the plug behide the oil filter if you do so!

Back