Taser's possibly unsafe

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
We had someone post a video of someone being "Tased"

Thought it was cool, because we have all been told tasers are safe.

I think most people that get taser certified are required to be "tased" so they know what it feels like.

With that in mind, a 14 year old boy has died after being hit with a taser, he went into cardiac arrest.

There has apparently been a study on tasers which shows heart damage to pigs that have been tased.

So if any of you have a need to be tased in the line of work for training purposes, or you use Taser's you might want to read the following report and maybe look closer into it.

Just FYI for all of you

Taser News report

I would never have thought Tasers were safe and am surprised more deaths have not occurred. I mean, come on. We're pumping odd electricity into our bodies, whose NERVES run on electricity! Yeah, I laffed at that video, but I don't want to ever be tased, but right off the bat it's better than shooting the gun in the leg. I can't see a GUN being any safer. I guy could go into shock from beign shot and have his heart stop too.

There has apparently been a study on tasers which shows heart damage to pigs that have been tased.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you get your point across without callin' us PIGS there Ron?
rock.gif

jump9.gif

And for what it's worth, I'll still submit to another tazer hit, or even two hits before I submit to being peppersprayed again.
rock.gif

There has apparently been a study on tasers which shows heart damage to pigs that have been tased.

Couldn't you get your point across without callin' us PIGS there Ron?
rock.gif

jump9.gif
[/QUOTE]
laugh.gif

I know a guy who found out that taser's are most definitely unsafe when he shot his girlfriend in the butt with one.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What is NOT being pointed out is how many folks die from cardiac arrest after heavy exertion during fights with police who don't have Tasers. People have been dyin' after fightin' the police for a long time. Post arrest deaths from cardiac arrest predates the Tasers that the media is trying to crucify. Now where's that rolleyes emoticon?
rock.gif

Aweeee but the media is our friends, they never get ANYTHING wrong
smile.gif

I know what you are saying BT, from a governemtn and military perspective, I see things on the news that are not even close to being the truth. But what can you do?

I was however listening to a radio show one time and the people were talking smack about something, I called the radio station and called BS on them.

It is all about the ratings and power, the media has the ability to totally change peoples point of view... so.. who controls the media? who is calling the shots?

Aweeee but the media is our friends, they never get ANYTHING wrong
smile.gif

I know what you are saying BT, from a governemtn and military perspective, I see things on the news that are not even close to being the truth. But what can you do?

I was however listening to a radio show one time and the people were talking smack about something, I called the radio station and called BS on them.

It is all about the ratings and power, the media has the ability to totally change peoples point of view... so.. who controls the media? who is calling the shots?
Yep, I don't even read the newspaper or watch the news anymore. I've had quite a few cases that "made the news" and have yet to see a single one of them accurately represented by the media. Without fail, they have ALWAYS put their own spin on things to sensationalize it, or to get an emotional reaction from the viewing public. The only use I have for TV news anymore is the weather forecast... and how often is that right?
drooling3.gif

And for what it's worth, I'll still submit to another tazer hit, or even two hits before I submit to being peppersprayed again.
rock.gif
Don't know which is the lesser of two evils...they both suck...although I suppose I could take the aches and pains of being hit with a taser as opposed to having the damn pepper resin stickin' in my hair and eyebrows and eyelashes and....
AAAssjani.gif

Back