Tankslapper Part II

bpjones

Registered
Haven't seen this posted here, so here goes the slapper debate again......
be patient, it doesn't get to tha business until 15 seconds in.

Really a first hand experience! Bet that left a mark!

So, what part of the wheelie is the culprit, landing out of line, hard landing, changing line of travel, death grip, no throttle or all combined for just plane pilot error?

- First person motorcycle crash at 95MPH - Helmet Camera[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
You can actually see him wiggle just before setting it down, that in and of itself is a bad mojo...

There was so much discussion in the recent thread on the same subject, and even with a similar video that it almost makes no sense to repeat what was said.

Scary experience for sure.

Since no one else will say it i will... That is one bad a** camera wth brand was it I hope he is ok he was geared really good for it from what I saw... Maybe he should have sold the footage to the camera company or traded it an his endorsement for a new bike.

was reading the comments he had removed the steering dampener from the bike. Hw had nothing on it at all so keep that in mind during the discussion if there is no one.:laugh:

Last edited:
Hellsbells, that is an easy one!

The cause of that crash was the dipstick never did the 90w damper mod! :whistle:

He had the bars turned when he set it down. This is why I dont stunt.

HowtoIphone, the guy in the crash, got a tankslapper because he removed the stock steering damper.

saady2s (9 months ago)
Reply | Spam
Now I've truly understand the benefit of steering damper. I'm glad My new R1 has one. Where this happened by they way? any injuries?
altec8100 (9 months ago)
Reply | Spam
ummm...the 675 comes with a damper...
HowToiPhone (9 months ago)
Removed. it's a pos.

View all comments and scroll down to the start.
There's your answer.

As I've answered this question would the mods lock this thread?:laugh::whistle:

cheers
ken

:duh:
....tough to keep the busa front tire down, when racing from a dead stop, but this looks like intentional wheelie show off move.

I bet he'll never forget that one.

Remember- Safety 1st!

Great video, nonetheless, and welcome to his world gone wrong as he goes flying azz over tea kettle...too old for these type of things anyway..tx for sharing with us..2hip

2Hihp,
I agree with ya....wheelies for me were fun way back in my motocross and enduro days......now I'n too old, but not too slow!

My goal to to stay low (keep both tires on the road) and GO!

Here's another slapper vid and no matter how you disect it, it comes down to the wheelie as the common denominator in this and 100% of slappers I have seen.

just proves to me.....Wheelies on pavement are just not worth the risk!

- Motorcycle crash- nearly fatal-WARNING! GRAPHIC CONTENT[/url]

Not putting you wheelie riders down, just not my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see the vid that well, but not much to see. Like I said before " root cause, wheelie "

it looks to me that changing his body position (leaning hard to the right to "geek" his mates) in a huge way just before & during landing has started his crash sequence.....that sorta rider input on a high-speed landing is never gonna be pretty....OuCh !!!
:rulez:

Back