Tank Protector Options

poops

Registered
I dislike the traditional tank protectors offered by Suzuki and other manufacrurers. I think they absolutely destroy the looks of a beuatiful bike.

A friend who owns a BMW R1100S turned me on to the following product - http://www.thetankslapper.com/

Anyone have any experience with this? I would appreicate any feedback you can provide.

poops

I have seen them advertised and was thinking of gettin' one for my Kat 750, but didn't.

Just ordered one a few days ago, it should be here in a day or two. I'll let you know how it works out.

I've had one for over two years and am very pleased with it. Over time (2-21/2 yrs) Mine wore out or tore do to being rubbed against at the front tank. I'm ordering a new one today.

For $15 I give it a big 2 thumbs up!

I've heard good things.....I ordered one and never put it on.....looks like it will be a minor pain in the ass to put on....but with my tank bra, I think the paint in part of the tank will fade and the part under the tank bra will discolor over time so for a season, I may go with my tank slapper. It is just a thin film of plastic....from a distance you can't tell its on there.....you apply with water and a squeegee.

Definitely a good product! It's the cheapest "mod" you're likely to perform, and should give you at least 5 more HP.
biggrin.gif

--Juggler

I like that but on my all orange bike it was missing something right there so I put a chrome tank pad on. It looks pretty good. Here is a pics of it with out the tank pad.

bike_progress_040414_1.JPG

That was the perfect time for this post.......I was trying to decide which tank bra to get.....I just got off their website and have ordered one. I too was bummed that the colors on the tank would be covered up. Hope this thing works!!!!!

Thanks sage. Ya tobin is the man. I have showed two more guys around here (my mistake) one guy already ordered his and another guy is going to send his off.

Tankslapper works great. Easy to clean and after you put it on a couple of times it is no problem at all. When this one wears out I will definately be buying another one

Back