Tank Grips / Protectors ?

Hayabusa2005

Registered
I took the bra off my 05 Busa. I was looking for some good tank protectors/grips. Two of the ones been looking at are:

1. Stomp Grip (Black) - pitfall is they dont have a matching middle tank protector (one sides).

2. Tech Spec - comes in 3 piece

Anybody have opinions on these or a different brand to put on the bike...? I want to preserve the looks too. My tank is mostly black with a little red graphics on it (2005 Gen I).

Thanks!

I always use tech spec, they are not as aggressive as the stomp grips and will not shredd your pants. The techs can be pulled off but really you do that once or twice then they get dirty and don't stick as well. I took these off my SV650 before I sold it and just transferred it to my Busa so the cut pattern in not exactly the same as the Busa pattern.

Which ever one you choose they help greatly especially if you ride two up for when you come to a stop.

DSCN0355.jpg

I like the stomp grips... they have not torn up my stuff at all, much better than a bare tank, that's for sure...

DSC05949.jpg

DSC09901.jpg

DSC07615.jpg

i havent got any yet but considering tech spec snake skins... they look less aggressive than the Stomps for sure.

Also you may consider which will work best for you but the tech specs are a rubber snake skin pattern that grips you and the stomp pads are plastic with raised nipples that grab you.

This is a good desription of the difference between the two. Stomp grip is hardrock while tech specs is softrock (music analogy). :laugh:
Also you may consider which will work best for you but the tech specs are a rubber snake skin pattern that grips you and the stomp pads are plastic with raised nipples that grab you.

If you have a color you don't want to cover up, the clear is great, and really adds to leg grip when way down in corners. Black on black tank of course. Raydog

P1010571.JPG

I just think the bike looks better without the bra. Someone needs to design a new contour, firm fitting bra! :laugh: You know something that doesnt wrap around the entire tank like a 44 DDD. Maybe something more like you would find at an adult specialty store...:whistle:

EVERYTHING looks better without a bra.

I'm still pondering what it feels like to get grabbed by nipples....im gonna have good dreams tonight!

I personally like the stomp grip... not plastic imo, a firm silicone. Has never torn up my pants/jeans/leathers - and provides a ton of grip when needed. I use a clear 3M on the center area to keep the belt/belly/zipper from causing damage. Its the clear number plate background for MX bikes - 3 large sheets to a pack.

Back