Tank Grip Benefits

DougE

Registered
How much have tank grips helped you guys out?

I have some tech spec on order but am still debating on putting them on. First reason is the black grip covers the stripe on the tank so don’t really like the aesthetic of it.

The reason for adding it is obviously for comfort. The issue I have is that pressing on the tank with my legs causes some discomfort in my hip. This happened after an accident on the bike.

So just wanted to know how much of an improvement there was adding the tank grips?

Their main purpose is for grip for dragging knees(for the opposite leg to 'hang on' and grip the tank).
They are a personal preference, just as they are if you squeeze the tank with your knees any time you ride.
I would personally put vinyl on the tank, then the tank pads, so the pad adhesive doesn't contact the paint.

Their main purpose is for grip for dragging knees(for the opposite leg to 'hang on' and grip the tank).
They are a personal preference, just as they are if you squeeze the tank with your knees any time you ride.
I would personally put vinyl on the tank, then the tank pads, so the pad adhesive doesn't contact the paint.
I try to squeeze the tank as much as i can since it makes a more comfortable. I was thinking adding the grips could add a bit more width to the tank to address the issue I have with hip discomfort while gripping the tank.

I try to squeeze the tank as much as i can since it makes a more comfortable. I was thinking adding the grips could add a bit more width to the tank to address the issue I have with hip discomfort while gripping the tank.
Depending on what kind of riding gear you wear, your pants can damage the paint.

My ballistic pants have Kelvar inserts that would damage the paint without the inserts.

If you're constantly squeezing the tank with your knees for comfort, you would benefit from taller, and/or closer handlebars, and a seat that curved up into the back of the tank.
You need a more neutral, less aggressive riding position.

I never have a bike without them. I love the security they give me and i don’t need to squeeze my knees so tight. Plus when I’m two up, I use them as a stopper when the pillion slips into the back of me. Stops me squishing my manhood into the tank

I liked them on my SuperHawk. I have not put them on the 'Busa.

P9250007_01-M.jpg

Back