Tank grab handle.. Anybody tried?

ottafish

Registered
Just wondering if anyone has tried or seen one of these?
If so, what's your thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone has tried or seen one of these?
If so, what's your thoughts?

View attachment 1604416
yes, I have 2 of those. One on the busa and one on my zx14.
Works well for the wife...although someone short has to lean forward quite a bit.

I got mine off ebay for about 45 dollars (each)and they are the same look and material like your picture. Can only recommend those for a passenger!

(edit)- and you can still get gas while they are mounted!

My daughter went on an AMA super bike ride around the Sonoma race track some years back when she was a sports writer. They have to put on a stock rear frame to accommodate a passenger. She rode several laps and holding onto the brace was a must do under hard braking. She went over 135 on the back of an R1 but late braking, as every racer has to do coming into a corner, caused her to damn near climb the shoulders of the pilot and without the brace, she would have. When I remember the riders name I’ll post it.

Works well for the wife...although someone short has to lean forward quite a bit.

I got mine off ebay for about 45 dollars (each)and they are the same look and material like your picture. Can only recommend those for a passenger!

I was looking at getting one for my wife when she's on but everything I read said thre gas cap wouldn't open with it on so appreciate the confirmation that it will. Although I was using it as an excuse ti grab one of the arashi caps and still might.

I was looking at getting one for my wife when she's on but everything I read said thre gas cap wouldn't open with it on so appreciate the confirmation that it will. Although I was using it as an excuse ti grab one of the arashi caps and still might.
thats why I added it. It said it on mine aswell...but it looked like it would open so I bought it anyways. and it DOES.
If your wife is a bit shorter you might want to tie a piece of rope around that thing so she can sit up straight while comfy riding, and holding onto the grab bar while breaking.(Thats how my wife and I do it.) I dont have a pic right now of it- sorry

If you buy it off ebay (china) make sure to re measure the numbers on the bike (and handle). The first one I ordered didnt fit the busa (strangely it fitted my zx14 so I kept it and the seller gave me a discount). I ordered another one off another seller and that was the right size. If you wann go the ebay route I can look up the seller and send it to you.

My daughter went on an AMA super bike ride around the Sonoma race track some years back when she was a sports writer. They have to put on a stock rear frame to accommodate a passenger. She rode several laps and holding onto the brace was a must do under hard braking. She went over 135 on the back of an R1 but late braking, as every racer has to do coming into a corner, caused her to damn near climb the shoulders of the pilot and without the brace, she would have. When I remember the riders name I’ll post it.

Oh crap, it was a Gixxer ridden by Chris Ulrich, not an R1.

Reactions: c10

Sweet and thanks..
Taken your advice and have ordered one. Should keep the GF a bit happier. And me and my parts not squashed under braking.

Back